When it comes to the provision of cloud storage services, Microsoft One Drive is one of the popular and used means of cloud storage services. Google One Drive is a cloud storage service that is available to anyone who is in a possession of a Microsoft account. This tool is just like Google Drive, Apple iCloud, Dropbox, and much more. you can offload documents to google one drive in order to free up space on your computer.
Google One Drive
Apart from this. Google one drive allows you to have unlimited access to your files that have been uploaded Or stored on it provided you have a stable internet connection. In unforeseen situations where your computer gets faulty. Or your hard drive gets wiped out. Google one drive can serve as a backup storage system for important files and folders.
Now, most people do ask that is one drive and Google drive the same? The answer to the question is quite simple and straightforward, although they are quite different from each other, there are no differences between them when it comes to file sharing and permission.
To share a file, they both require two methods which could be either to share a direct link. Or use someone’s email address to gain access. For those people who are looking for a way to synchronize their Google drive with the Google One drive account, you are to follow the below steps;
- Launch or Start the synchronization wizard to synchronize your two accounts
- Click on the Google Drive icon
- Select an already configured Google drive account or click Add google drive to add a new Google Drive account.
How To Set Up A Google OneDrive Account
To set up a Google one drive account might seem quite difficult. And, or complicated provided you aren’t well informed on how to do so. One of the first things you must make sure you have in your possession before creating a Google one drive account is to have a Microsoft email address.
Having a Microsoft email address is very crucial to the setting up of a Google one drive account. In fact, when you have a Microsoft email address you are almost done setting up a Google one drive account. For those who have a Microsoft email address, you are to follow the below instructions to set up your Google one drive account;
- Launch your browser and sign in to your Microsoft email address
- Click on the icon made up of nine small squares at the top left-hand corner of the window
- A menu that would display all the services that come with your Microsoft account will be displayed
- Click on one drive and you will be redirected to cloud storage service
For those who don’t have a Microsoft email address, you are to follow the below steps to create one;
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com/ and click on sign up for free
- Create an e-mail address for your account with a private password
- Verify your country and enter your date of birth then click submit
After creating the Microsoft email address, you can then proceed to the creation of the Google one drive account.
How To Upload Files On OneDrive
After the setting up of the Google one drive account. It will be needed of you to start uploading files on the storage service. To do this is as simple as setting up the account. To upload files and folders to Google one drive, you are to follow the below steps and procedures;
- Open one drive on your browser by visiting https://onedrive.live.com/ and sign in
- In the toolbar, click upload which would bring up a drop-down menu
- Choose whether you want to upload files or a folder
- From the dialogue box that pops up, choose the file or folder you want to upload from your system, and hit the upload button.
The above steps and procedures are outlined instructions on how you can upload files or folders on Google one drive.