Questions to Ask New Employees. It’s not easy being a new employee as they are just getting started to know the people around their workplace and you as a manager, need to spend time with them to get to know them.
You need to create time for questions to ask your hires as new employees, it could be fun though. It makes you get to know them better and how they fit into the job, relate with their co-workers, flow with their team members, and so on. This will help you know them better and their fresh entry more welcoming.
Research shows that about 25% of new employees are lost by companies in the scope of 1 year which is so disappointing. Most of the result is due to the lack of efficiency in relating with the new employees. This is so bad.
It might not really need to be a face-to-face question as you could make questionnaires in getting to know your new employees. This is used at times to get the most honest answers from them letting them know not of who made them. Actually, it should sound anonymous.
Questions to Ask New Employees Within Their First Month of work
Other than having introduced themselves again at meetings or holding social gatherings, asking them questions is also a good way to get to know your new employees better. You might get mixed with thoughts not knowing what to ask your new employees. Apparently, there are good and fun questions to ask your new employees be it the first day or within the first month at the workplace. Below is a list of questions to ask them:
- How do you feel interacting with us during your first day?
- What materials do you need to be more effective at work?
- How can I make your job easier for you?
- What specific part of the job do you like the most and which stresses you more?
- What was your great surprise concerning the job in your first month?
- What is your motivation for coming to work?
- What way would you like to get feedback?
- What are the challenges you are facing working with us?
- Who among your team members or at the workplace has to be of great assistance to you? And how?
- What do you think needs improvement in the workplace?
It is of good essence to always ask the right questions. New employees are always faced with challenges during their first month of work and it should be in your best interest as a Manger or even other co-workers to make their first experience be lively. Other than asking the new employees questions, you can as well have lunch with them to get to know them better.
Fun Questions to Ask New Employees
Every worker has to be in the same shoes as the new employees and there are times when you might feel uncomfortable be it at your first group meeting, during the interview, or a one-on-one conversation with your boss. At that point in time you tend to behave in an uneasy way, so also are the new employees. With fun questions, you can make them feel relaxed and welcomed at the workplace. In such a way, you know more about them outside the workplace. So, here are the fun questions to ask new employees:
- What’s the most unfavorable work you’ve ever had?
- Who do you look up to that inspired you to be in this particular field?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done?
- Being the most clever or the most hilarious person in this room, which one would you like to be?
- What do you claim to hate and truly love?
- Tell me one thing about you that people aren’t aware of?
- What is the job you’ve ever dream of having?
- What superpower would you like to have and why?
- What food do you love the most?
- What do you do at your relaxation time?
- What’s the best advice you’ve been given by someone?
You can use these fun questions to ask your new employees on their first day at work, a meeting, or a one-on-one conversation. These are questions that help them feel comfortable at meeting with their co-workers and they bring about laughter among everyone. Some might look a little bit weird but can bring more conversations between them and their co-workers putting away the shyness they might have.