Now to pop the big question, what are the freshman requirements for UCLA 2021? In applying as a freshman at UCLA, you need some things put in place. These requirements are referred to as Freshman Requirements.
Note that UCLA (University of California Los Angeles) takes both your personal experiences and academic record into consideration during the review process. According to them, they seek students who have excelled academically and gained valuable perspective from personal experiences that have helped shaped their lives.
Freshman Requirements for UCLA – The Criteria UCLA Considers
When reviewing an applicant’s application, UCLA (University of California Los Angele) implements a holistic review process. These include looking at some of the following criteria.
- Achievement in high school or college coursework
- Likely contributions to the intellectual and cultural vitality of our campus
- Achievement in academic enrichment programs
- Personal qualities
- Other achievements in any field of intellectual or creative endeavor including the performing arts, athletics, community service, and so on.
Above are some of the basic criteria considered when applicants are trying to get admission.
UCLA Academic Preparation
As an academic preparation, you must complete 15 A-G Courses with at least 11 (eleven) courses finished prior to the beginning of your last year of high school. In order to be competitive in the UCLA admission process, all applicants should present an academic profile that is much stronger than any minimum UC admission requirements.
- 2 years of historical sciences.
- 4 years of college preparatory English
- 2 years of laboratory science (3 years recommended)
- 3 years of mathematics (4 years recommended)
- 1 year of visual and performing arts (if available)
- 2 years of language other than English (3 years recommended)
- 1 year of college preparatory elective
Above is a list of the A-G requirements. You should keep in mind that there is no single academic path we expect all students to follow. However, competitive applicants do earn high marks in the most rigorous curriculum available to them.
GPA Requirements for UCLA
On the official website, UCLA has its GPA requirement to be 3.0 for California residents and 3.4 for nonresidents. Advice is that you should score higher than this. If you want to get a real chance, you should probably have a GPA of 3.7 and above. This is because the school is highly competitive and selective. Here is more information https://admission.ucla.edu/apply/freshman/freshman-requirements.
More Helpful Posts