Family Dollar is an American retail store chain. This article will provide you with some basic information about this fast-growing retail company.
Family Dollar Stores, Inc. is an American store chain. The company was founded in November 1959 by Leon Levine. They currently have over 8,000 store locations in the USA, except for Alaska and Hawaii. Their headquarters are in Chesapeake, Virginia, in the United States. They deal in products like clothing, home décor, groceries, and cleaning supplies.
Family Dollar was ranked as the second-largest retailer of its kind in the United States until 2015 when it was acquired by Dollar Tree. Carl Icahn, a major shareholder in the company, demanded that the company be put up for sale. On July 14, 2014, Dollar Tree, another company, announced it would buy Family Dollar for $8.5 billion. The company currently has over 60,000 people employed.
Family Dollar Website
Family Dollar’s official website is located at familydollar.com. The platform is well-designed, and with its good user interface, users can easily navigate through it. On the website, you can find a search bar where you can search for any item of your choice. You can also find trending items to buy on the website. The tab below the navigation bar displays different categories of items available, ranging from home, office, and cleaning items to body and beauty items.
On the platform, you can create an account, shop for items, place an order, and track your order. The website contains links to their social media platforms, which include Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also find their customer service, which you can contact if you have any issues or complaints about their products. Also, you can locate any of their stores using the platform.
How do I Locate a Family Dollar Store Near Me?
You can use the online platform to locate any Family Dollar store near you. It is very easy; all you need to do is follow the below steps.
- Open the official website of familydollar.com on your device.
- When the website finishes loading, scroll to the bottom of the website.
- After the “Follow Us” section displays the company’s social media accounts, you will see “Find a Store.”
- Enter your ZIP code, city, or state.
- Click on the search button.
When this search is complete, you will be shown the locations of all Family Dollar stores in your area.
Family Dollar Hours
Family Dollar stores are normally open from Monday to Sunday; their working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Their website is also available for use at any time of the day.
Family Dollar Account Sign-up
For you to start shopping on the Family Dollar website, you must, first of all, create an account. The steps below will guide you on how to create an account on the Family Dollar website.
- Open the official Family Dollar website on your device, familydollar.com.
- Once the site opens, click on the “Account” option on the navigation bar.
- A new page with many contents will open; locate “Create an account.”
- Click on the “Create Account” button.
- A new page will open that contains a registration form.
- You will be asked to fill in some details like your first name, last name, email address, password, and phone number. All the fields listed above are required, meaning you must fill them in.
- Check the box below the registration form to confirm you are not a robot.
- Click on the next check box that says “I agree to the terms and conditions.”
- Lastly, click on the “Create Account” button to complete your registration. If all the information you provided is correct, you will be redirected to a new page that confirms your registration.
Family Dollar Account Sign-in
To log in to your Family Dollar account, you will need the email address and the password you registered with. The steps below will show you how to log in to your account:
- Open the official Family Dollar website on your device, familydollar.com.
- Click on the account icon on the navigation bar.
- If you are not logged in, a sign-in form will pop up.
- Fill in your email and password in the required field.
- Click on the “Sign in” button.
If all the information you provided is correct, the home page of the website will open to confirm your successful login.
Family Dollar Account Settings
After you have successfully created an account, you can proceed with setting up your account. You can set up your account by following the steps below:
- First, you need to Log in to your Family Dollar account.
- Once you have logged in, click on the Account icon on the navigation bar.
- Locate the “Account Settings” option on the pop-up displayed on the site
- A new page will open. On the right side of the page, you will find your personal details, such as your name, email, password, address, and preferred store.
- You can easily edit any of these details by clicking on the edit button at the right-hand side of the detail description.
How do you Change your Family Dollar Account Password?
You may decide to change your Family Dollar Account password to a new one; the steps below will show you how to change your password.
- Log in to your Family Dollar account.
- Click on the “Account” icon on the navigation bar once the page has opened.
- Locate the “Change Password” option on the pop-up
- Once you click on it, the account settings page will open. Locate your password and click on Edit.
- A form will be displayed with instructions for inputting your current password.
- Once you have inputted your current password, two new forms will be displayed.
- The first one will be for your new password, and the second one is to confirm your new password.
- Once you have completed the form, scroll to the bottom of the Account Settings section, and you will see a button that says “Save changes.”
- Click on the button; you will be redirected back to the profile page, and a pop-up will display showing that you have successfully made some changes.
How to Shop for Items on the Family Dollar Website
The main purpose of the Family Dollar website is for you to shop for items online, which is very easy to do since the website has a well-designed interface. The steps below will show you how to shop for items online using the Family Dollar website.
- Open the Family Dollar website on your device.
- Log in to your account.
- Use the search bar to find any item of your choice, or you can navigate through the categories and select any item you want.
- View and select any item you want to purchase.
- A page will open where you can see the product’s price and other customer reviews on the product. Select the quantity of the product.
- Locate “Pickup and Delivery Options.”
- Select the method by which you want to receive the product. You can select “ship to store” or “ship to home.” It usually takes 7–14 working days to receive your items.
- Once you have selected the delivery option, click on the “Add to Cart” button.
- A pop-up window will display; you can either view your cart and checkout or you can continue shopping. Click on “continue shopping,” and you can proceed to add more items to your cart.
- Click on your cart and checkout; a new page will open. You can see the total price of the items you selected.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the checkout button.
- A new page that contains some options will be displayed. Locate and click on the billing address.
- A form will display some required information, such as your name, address, city, state, zip code, and phone number. Fill out the form with the necessary details.
- Once you have completed the form, click on the “Save and Continue” button under the form.
- Next, click on the payment option. A new form will be displayed, and you will be required to fill in the name on your debit or credit card, card number, CVV, and also the expiry month and year of the card. Fill in the required details correctly.
- Lastly, click on the “Place Order” button to complete your order.
How to View your Shopping cart on the Family Dollar Website
You might have selected different items on the Family Dollar website and want to view them. The list below will show you how to access your shopping cart on the Family Dollar website.
- On the navigation bar of the homepage of the Family Dollar website, locate the cart option close to the account option.
- Click on the cart option.
- A new page will display, showing the items you added to your cart while shopping.
Family Dollar App
Family Dollar has a mobile application that can be found on the Google Play Store for Android users and the Apple App Store for iPhone users. All activities performed on the website can also be performed on the application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Company Owns Family Dollar?
Dollar Tree, formerly Family Dollar, was put up for sale in 2014 and was later acquired by Dollar Tree for the sum of $8.5 billion.
What Items can I Buy at Family Dollar?
You can purchase items like office equipment, home furnishings, children’s toys, food, and beverages from Family Dollar.
CHECK THIS OUT: