As of on the 8th of July 2020, Facebook Will Allow Users to Block Political Ads. It is not really blocking but one can limit or turn off political ads on the platform. There is a new feature on the platform and this feature is what enables users to turn off political ads or political issues. This feature is accompanied by another feature called “Voting Information Center”. The feature is more like the “COVID-19 Information center”. This feature is launching to encourage turnout and educate voters for the United States 2020 election. The aim of this feature is to encourage citizens to vote during the election.
Facebook Will Allow Users to Block Political Ads
The founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg has announced the release of the feature to help users turn off political ads on their account newsfeed. This feature was announced as part of the platform response to the pressure from the government to take down political ads.
The United States government believes that some of the candidates of the election are spreading false information on how to vote. They also believe that some candidates of the election are spreading hate speech on the social media platform just so they could win the election.
Facebook Political Ads
If you usually don’t like seeing political ads or social issue ads on the social media platform, then you need to make use of this feature. You can create an account for free on the platform but what you see on your account newsfeed is entirely up to you. You can decide to limit the number of political ads and social issues ads you see on the platform. Keep reading below to learn just how you can do that.
How to Limit Political Ads on Facebook
Hooray! This is the section of this article where you are going to learn how you can easily limit political ads on the social media platform. You have to follow the guide accordingly to be successful.
- Get your internet connected device and open the Facebook official app on it.
- Log in to your already existing account if you haven’t done that already. You can login by entering your account login details into the login form that will be displayed to you.
- Now tap on the “Menu” icon and tap on “Settings & Privacy”.
- Select the “Settings” option and tap on “Ad Preferences”.
- Tap on “Hide Ad Topics” and choose the ad topic you wish to hide.
- Lastly, select the duration you want to hide the ad for and that is it.
The above steps are steps to help you successfully hide Ad Topics on your Facebook account. The same steps can be carried for other devices.