On the Facebook Busines portal, the platform said that “Starting 19 May, a small number of businesses that use Page shops on Facebook today will be transitioned to Facebook Shops”. Facebook Shop allows you to sell products to people on the platform. You can add a shop to your Facebook page simply and I will be giving you the guidelines for adding a shop to your page. You can use this section to list the product you’re selling and connect with more customers on Facebook. While any business can have a Page shop, the feature best serves merchants, retail, and e-commerce advertisers. To learn more about Facebook Shop, read on.
Facebook Shops makes it easier for businesses to set up a single online store for customers to access on both Facebook and Instagram. Creating a shop on the platform is simple and free. Businesses can choose the products they want to feature and their catalog. Then customize the look and feel of their shop with a cover image and accent colors that help to showcase their brand. That is to say, any seller no matter their budget can bring their business online and connect with customers wherever that is convenient for them. Facebook users can find the Shop their pages or Instagram Profile.
How Facebook Shops Work
On the feature;
- Sellers who previously had an Instagram profile shop or Facebook page shop will automatically convert to shops. Before you go to set your Shop, you need to receive an email or notification that you can now use Facebook Shops.
- New sellers on Facebook can create a shop from the Commerce Manager. If you are yet to have a Facebook Page or Instagram profile shop, you can create one using Commerce Manager Here.
- You can create collections to customize your shop and attract customers.
- Shops will showcase your brand and products in a native mobile experience.
- It provides a unified presence on Facebook and Instagram.
That’s just how the feature works. It is easy and free to set up if you are yet to have one.
Requirements For Having A Facebook Page Shop
To have a page shop on the platform, there are a few requirements that are needed. Actually, there isn’t much that is required in order to have a Facebook Page shop. All that is required is; you need to sell physical items and also agree with the Facebook Merchant Terms. Once that is out of the way, you can have your own Page shop on Facebook.
How To Add Shop To Your Page
As I said earlier, you can simply add the Shop tab to your page if you don’t have it. And that can be done using your Page template section. To change your Page Template to the Shopping template, follow the steps below;
- On your computer, go to your Page and click on “Edit Page Infor” in the left menu of the page.
- Click “Template and Tabs” in the left menu.
- Then click on the “Edit” icon to the right of “Current Template”.
- The templates will be shown such as Live, Shop, and others. Click on “Shop” to add.
- Then review the new buttons and tabs for the page and click on “Apple Template”.
The Shop template will be added to your page immediately. Now you can add a shop to your Facebook page. Do that follow below;
- On your Computer, select the Shop tap.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions that will be shown to add.
- Fill in the fields that are required and click Finish when you’re ready.
Remember that you agree to the FacebookMerchant Terms when you add a shop. Once it is added, it will appear on your Page for customers to see after you add at least one product and it gets approved.