If you are not yet running any Facebook retargeting campaigns, you have missed out on a huge goldmine. For instance, imagine people visiting your website and leaving without making a purchase. You don’t want to let them go that easy! Facebook retargeting can help.
In fact, according to one study, retargeted users are 70% more likely to convert compared to cold audiences. If you’re interested in setting up Facebook remarketing campaigns and getting a higher ROI (Return on Investment) on your PPC ad strategy, you’ve come to the right place, all you need do is read down.
Facebook retargeting is a PPC strategy where you show your ads to people who are familiar with your brand. They’ve either previously visited your website or interacted with your Facebook or Instagram page. Simply put, retargeting shows your ads to people who already know about you. Its purpose is to try to get them to act.
The foundation of Facebook retargeting ads is to retarget any lead or potential buyer with your offer. Typically, you want to spend 5%-10% of your Facebook ad budget for retargeting ads. While it’s not a lot of your budget, it often results in 80% of the sales and results.
How Do I Retarget on Facebook 2021
Below are ways to retarget on Facebook this 2021;
- Decide how much to budget for Facebook retargeting ads; the foundation of Facebook retargeting ads is to retarget any lead or potential buyer with your offer. Typically, you want to spend 5%-10% of your Facebook ad budget for retargeting ads. While it’s not a lot of your budget, it often results in 80% of the sales and results.
- Identify Where You Want People to Take Action in Your Customer Journey; You can level up your retargeting by pairing a specific ad at every point in your customer journey where you want people to take action. Start by outlining your customer journey and then looking at every point where you want the lead to do something.
- Set Up Facebook Retargeting Ads; If you have any type of traffic going to a webinar, watching your content, or even landing on a sales page, you have an audience you can target right now. Every day you don’t have retargeted ads set up; you’re leaving money on the table. You set up a Facebook retargeting ad in Ads Manager just like any other ad. The only difference is that when you get to the Audiences section, you select your custom audiences. If you want to learn how to set up different types of custom audiences, read this article on creating custom audiences that convert.
How to do Remarketing on Facebook
Remarketing is based on creating personalized ad campaigns for users who have previously visited your website, your online store, or other content. Based on the information you already have about them, you can use this strategy to finalize conversions or pick up where their shopping left off. Below are few tips on how to remarket your product;
- Link your advertising account with the Business Manager
- Create a custom audience
- Choose a URL and a data collection time
- Create your first remarketing campaign on Facebook and Instagram
- Launch your remarketing campaign on Facebook and Instagram
You can get more details about remarketing strategies here.
Facebook retargeting ads are some of the best for return on investment but you have to do them right. Start by mapping out your customer journey and identifying every stage where you want your audience to take action. You can get more details about Facebook retargeting here.