Facebook now allows you to have multiple profiles, and here in this post is how you can successfully do this. This feature however will not allow you to separately log in to each account created, just so you know.
Facebook Multiple Profiles
Social media platform Facebook is finally joining its sister platform Instagram in allowing users to have up to four additional profiles under their main account. many people who are used to this feature on Instagram already know what this means, but if on the other hand, you are not used to it, you may find it confusing.
Creating a separate account on Facebook has been really difficult for some time now due to several reasons. And one major reason for that is security and identity theft. People tend to create several accounts on Facebook to scam other users thus capitalizing on the fact that the social media platform is one of the biggest if not the biggest in the world with over a billion active monthly users.
Away from all that, Meta has for some time now been testing out the new feature for the social media phone app since the previous year. And now the social media platform has now made it available to anyone with an adult Facebook profile. And with that being said, let’s continue to how you can create a profile on Facebook under your main account.
How to Create More Profiles for Your Facebook Account
To create a new profile or more profiles under your main Facebook account, follow the steps below;
- First login to your Facebook account and go to the main Facebook menu.
- There, a new option will appear, and under the account name, click on the Create another profile option.
- Next, click on the blue Get Started button.
- Now, type on a new profile name, and then Facebook will allow you to know it is available to you. Know that you can effectively change your profile name later in the event that you change your mind.
- Hit the next button and then you can add a couple of friends and then also follow new groups for that very profile.
How to Switch Between Facebook Profiles
To switch between your various profiles after you have created them is simple. All you have to do is to clock on your profile image in the bottom right corner of your screen and then select the image of the profile that you wish to switch to. This means that you will not have to go through a login process for each account you create.
You however should note that your newly created profiles will not get the notification and privacy settings automatically that you already have on your main account. You will have to go through each of your new profiles individually and then select those settings yet again.
Lastly, marketplace, dating, professional mode, and payments are also not ready for additional profiles on Facebook, although Messenger on the other hand is.
MORE RELATED POSTS
- Facebook Profile – Who Viewed My Facebook Profile Recently 2020 | How To Hide The Message Icon From My Facebook Profile
- Facebook Dating Free Profile – Facebook Dating Profile – Facebook Dating
- Create a Facebook Dating Profile – Facebook Dating App | Facebook Dating Profile
- Facebook Dating Apps – Dating in Facebook Free | Facebook Dating Profile
- Create a New Profile on Facebook – Facebook App Update