Want to know about the recent happenings on Facebook? Well one thing for sure is that you are not alone in that department. Most social networks including Facebook tend to point out Top Stories by default rather than most up-to-date stuff.
Moreover, there isn’t how to always see the foremost recent posts on Facebook since the News Feed eventually returns to its default setting. This will be pretty annoying if you favor ascertaining the newest updates instead of the hottest post made several hours ago.
Till recently, users of Facebook’s Android and iOS apps could quickly arrange posts on their Newsfeed in chronological order. This suggests that one could see the foremost recent posts first, followed by older ones. However, Facebook’s latest updates to its apps have hidden this feature.
Now, opening the Facebook apps will show you the foremost popular posts, which are predicated on an algorithm. Although Facebook hasn’t removed that “most recent” posts option, it definitely has made it tons harder to seek out.
Facebook Most Recent
The release notes of Facebook’s recent updates to its iOS and Android apps indicate these features: review your posts before sharing (iOS only), create posts offline, and News Feed improvements to make it load faster.
What those notes don’t mention is Facebook’s decision to get rid of the “News Feed” button from the most screen of the apps. Tapping this button allowed users to access the “Most Recent” button, which shows posts in chronological order.
Well, we’ve officially made it through the bulk of the 2021 summer months and facebook got an extended list of impressive updates. This month you can see major developmental features like ads within the Instagram Shop tab and Horizon Workrooms for enhanced collaboration.
How to Sort Facebook Posts by Most Recent (2021)
With the steps below you can easily see the Most Recent posts on Facebook 2021 for iPhone and Android.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the Facebook app.
- Open Facebook and tap the “Menu” tab at the bottom right corner (on iPhone) or top right (on Android) of the screen.
- Scroll down on the Menu screen and tap on “See More“.
- Select “Recent & Favorites” from the list. You can now see the Feed Filter Bar along with the message “You’re seeing new posts first.”
Take note; that the ‘Recent & Favorites’ tab can move up and appear with other essential shortcuts on the Menu page if you often use it.
How to See Most Recent Posts on a Facebook Group
Below are the tips to sort Facebook group posts by Most Recent,
- Go to a certain group using the search option or directly from your News Feed.
- On the Facebook Group, scroll down a bit and look for the “New Activity” section.
- Tap on “Sort” seen alongside New Activity.
- Select the “Recent Posts” option from the popup at the bottom. By default, New Activity is selected that shows you posts with recent comments first on a group.
- Now you can view Facebook group posts in chronological order.
You can get more details on how to get the most recent updates on Facebook by clicking here.