So you want to know the Facebook lite and Facebook, right? Facebook lite and Facebook do not really have many differences but for some features that are unavailable on Facebook lite and how it occupies smaller space.
However, as we all know, Facebook knows a lot of information about you, and the social network’s mobile app is one of the ways the company collects your data. Is the Facebook Lite app any better?
In this article, we’ll explain what Facebook Lite is and help you decide whether it can replace the standard Facebook app.
Facebook Lite and Facebook
Facebook lite and Facebook are owned by the same person. The difference is very small between both applications. Facebook and Facebook lite are different leaves from the same branch. Facebook app is for universal users and compatible with almost every operating system and device.
On the other side, Facebook lite is made for android users and for the users who don’t have the privilege of a good smartphone, high-speed internet, and other basic stuff. It also supports more OS versions than the original Facebook app. The main difference between Facebook and Facebook Lite comes from the number of features.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is a website that allows users, who sign-up for free profiles, to connect with friends, work colleagues, or people they don’t know, online. It allows users to share pictures, music, videos, and articles, as well as their own thoughts and opinions with however many people they like.
What is Facebook Lite?
What is Facebook Lite? In a nutshell, it’s a stripped-down version of the standard Facebook app for Android and iOS. Although it lacks certain features, it’s still a great alternative to the full-sized Facebook app. It’s an app for the entire world but built with developing countries where data connectivity is hard to come by in mind.
Facebook Lite also helps save space on your phone, and still functions in 2G conditions. This small version of the Facebook app not only consumes less RAM and CPU power but also saves a great deal of space on your phone while working just fine in 2G conditions. You can get more details here.
Difference between Facebook and Facebook Lite
- Basics; Facebook Lite is a stripped version of the main Facebook app that uses a sophisticated combination of a lightweight app on the phone, which is one-hundredth the size of the Facebook iOS app and which downloads in less than a minute or so, even on 2G/3G networks. The Lite delivers a low-bandwidth experience that still feels very much like Facebook and does almost everything the main Facebook does. Facebook Lite is a mere 1 MB and works fine on slow internet speed but still very optimized for a smooth social networking experience.
- Resources Usage; Facebook Lite is the cut-down version of the main Facebook app optimized for speed and specially designed to use a few system resources as possible. The Lite uses less RAM and CPU power while being almost equally useful.
You can do all the basic stuff with the Lite, such as update status, post photos and videos, comment, read status updates, write on peoples’ walls, and more. It efficiently does all that without consuming more data. And it does that by not downloading high-resolution images or auto-playing videos but still performs as well as the main app. you can get more of the differences here.
To use Facebook properly, one has to install Messenger so that people can chat over. Consequently, it needs more storage. On the other side, the Facebook lite app has an in-built feature for chatting. One only has to install Facebook Lite, and you are good to go here.
More Related Content
- Facebook and Facebook Lite: Difference between Facebook and Facebook Lite
- Download Facebook Lite For Android: Features of Facebook Lite | How to Use the…
- Features And How To Login Facebook Lite: Facebook Lite | Facebook Lite Login
- Install Facebook Lite For Android – Facebook Lite Free Install Download
- Facebook Book Club: Tips to help you Start your Book Group