There have been questions asked whether or not there is Facebook in China. The answer is no because the use of Facebook has been blocked in China, so any Facebook user who tries to access the website from the China mainland will be met with an error page. The feed on the Facebook app will not refresh and users will not receive notifications. This same situation also occurs in Facebook Messengers, users of chat app will not be able to send or receive messages anytime they are in mainland China.
Facebook in China
A great number of people make use of VPNs to unblock Facebook in China and Messenger. In this article, we are going to give you information about what you need to about Facebook in China.
How can I Access Facebook in China?
Facebook in China can be easily accessed by connecting to a VPN. What is a VPN? A VPN is a service which makes an encryption of all of a device’s internet traffic and after that routes it through a server in a remote location of the user’s preference. It is very expedient for you to download the app before you pay a visit to China because once you get there, you won’t be able to have much access to VPN websites and relevant app stores:
- First of all, ensure you are signed up for a VPN that works in China. A good recommendation is ExpressVPN because of its security and speed.
- Next, get the VPN app downloaded and installed into your device.
- Start the app and sign in. An activation code might be required and it will be sent through email upon first setup.
- Next, choose a server that is not situated inside China e.g Hong Kong
- Click the connect button and wait for the establishment of the
- Finally, once the VPN is connected, you can open Facebook and begin to make use of it.
The use of a VPN to access Facebook in China is best and so far the most common and trusted method to get through the Great Firewall which is China’s advanced nationwide internet censorship system. It is also expedient for you to know that although you can only access Facebook in China through VPN, not all VPN works.
Why and When Was Facebook Blocked in China?
Facebook in China was first blocked in the year 2009 after a series of riots in the western capital of the Xinjiang province, Urumqi. Facebook was used as a communications network by Independence activists which consists majorly of minority Muslim Uyghurs. Ever since then, access to Facebook in China has been blocked, this is because since Facebook is a western social media company, Chinese authorities did not have any control over the content of the website and thus Facebook was considered as a threat to the country as it made it easy for rioters to communicate with one another.
More Related Posts
- Facebook Dating Sign Up is Free for Single 2021 – Facebook Dating App | Dating on Facebook 2021
- Download TV Series Full Episodes – How to Download Full TV Series to Watch
- Facebook Avatar Setup 2021: Facebook Avatar Creator | Facebook Avatar
- Facebook Dating App Apk Free – Facebook Dating Apk | Access Facebook
- Buy and Sell Items on Facebook Marketplace Near me: Facebook Marketplace | How to Get Facebook Marketplace