The Facebook Fellowship Program is one of the hopeful things that opened in what we can call this year’s Pandora’s Box.
The application for FB Fellowship Program is currently on, and in this article, we will explain in detail, all about the program, eligibility criteria, how to apply, benefits, and many more as we shall see as we follow along.
Facebook Fellowship Program is a fully funded global program designed to encourage and support bright doctoral students who are into innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The scholarship is open to students in any year of their Ph.D. study. People from diverse backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
Applications will be evaluated based on the performance of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Facebook Fellowship Program | Courses Offered in Facebook Fellowship Program
The following courses are offered in the program for aspiring participants:
- Applied statistics
- Comm AI
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Computer storage and Efficiency
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Distributed Systems
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Network and Connectivity
- Programming Language
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
Facebook Fellowship Program | Benefits of the Facebook Fellowship Scholarship
The recipients from the FB Fellowship Program will be granted the following benefits:
- $37,000 grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Paid tuition fees for the two-year academic sessions.
- Paid visit to Facebook’s headquarters for the annual fellowship summit.
- The tuition fee will be paid directly to the school while the stipend will be sent directly to the fellow unless for cases specified otherwise. Stipends are also taxable based on local law.
Check Out >>> Microsoft AI Web – Microsoft AI Web Tour
Facebook Fellowship Program | Eligibility Criteria for the Facebook Fellowship Program
Having known what the program is all about, and the benefits attached to the program, below are the eligibility requirements for interested students:
- Your required language must be English
- Program is opened to countries nationwide
- Your work must be related to one or more of the relevant disciplines stated above.
- The program is meant for full-time PhD students who are currently engaged in on-going research and enrolled in an accredited university in any country.
- You must be enrolled during the academic year the fellowship is awarded.
- For more information, CLICK HERE TO READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FACEBOOK FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM.
Facebook Fellowship Program | How to Apply
To apply for the Facebook Fellowship Program, applicants are to go through the following steps:
- keep up to date with the application here.
- All applications by applicants are to be submitted through their Facebook account
- Applications must include the following:
- Resume or CV with email, phone number, and mailing address.
- 1-2-page research summary that clearly shows the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the research during the award.
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Reference email addresses are expected to be attached, from which one must be from an academic adviser.
- When filling out this application, you will be asked to input an email address for your references, your references will receive an email with a link to submit their letter. Ensure that the contact information you entered for your reference is correct.
- You can save or submit your application after entering your information so that you can go back to edit your application before the due date.
For more details on the FB Fellowship Program, click here to visit the official website