“Facebook Delete Account Permanently”. Now deleting your Facebook account used to be a long and tedious process for users, but not anymore. I am going to show you the two ways you can easily use to get rid of your Facebook account. let us dig into it, there are now many users that will like to delete their Facebook account as a result of so many reasons. Some are for security reasons, or want to keep their Facebook profile private and so much more. If you want to know more about this then you should never stop reading.
Facebook Delete Account Permanently
Many users think using Facebook doesn’t really do any favors for their privacy online. Also reminds themselves of all the big scandals that have happened recently. Now the Cambridge Analytica fiasco, where millions of Facebook users have their data harvested, is still fresh in their minds.
You should know that the latest piece of bad news for Facebook users is a massive security breach, where millions of people had their security tokens compromised. So, if you have decided to delete your Facebook account then you are in the right place.
Facebook Delete My Account
There are two ways in which you can get rid of your Facebook account, you can deactivate it and also delete it. The Deactivation process is whereby you disable your Facebook account temporarily, and can still have access to it anytime. But deletion is when you get rid of your Facebook account forever and cannot be recovered anymore. I will explain better when you read below.
Download Facebook Information
You can decide to download your Facebook information if you want to get rid of or delete your Facebook account permanently. Your Facebook information contains all you have done on Facebook including your pictures, videos, and lots more. Here is how to download your Facebook information:
- Now open your account menu and hit on “Settings and Privacy” and then “Settings”.
- Then scroll to the “Your Facebook Information” option and select Download Your Information.
- Also, hit on the circles to add or remove the categories.
- Then select the format, quality of images, videos, and others. Also, the date range you’d want the download from.
- Now, select “Create File” to confirm your request.
After the request has been made, your download will appear as pending in the available files section.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account
Now if you want to deactivate your Facebook account you will have to follow all the steps given below:
- Go to the Facebook site or launch the app
- Then hit on the menu option or the down arrow at the top right of your screen on your account and select Settings or Settings and privacy, and then Settings.
- Now select “Your Facebook Information” and hit Deactivation and Deletion.
- Then select “Deactivate Account” and hit Continue to Account Deactivation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to commence by putting your account password.
Now by following the steps listed above, your account will be deactivated and you will be logged out. To reactivate your account, all you have to do is to enter your login details on the login page.
What Happens When You Deactivate Your Account?
Here is what happens when you deactivate your Facebook account:
- Now no one besides you will be able to see your profile.
- Also, specific information, such as sent messages, will remain visible.
- Then your name will show up on friend lists, but only for your friends.
- Also, your name, posts, and comments will be visible to the admins of groups you’re joined.
- You will be able to keep using Messenger.
How to Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account
If you want to delete your Facebook account permanently then you should read and follow all the steps below:
Facebook Smartphone App;
- First, open the app.
- Now tap on the menu at the top or bottom.
- Then scroll down and tap on “Settings & Privacy, then tap on “Settings”.
- Now go down to the “Your Facebook Information” section and tap on “Account Ownership and Control”.
- Also, then tap on “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Now select the option of “Delete Account” and “Continue to Account Deletion”.
- Then go down and tap on “Delete Account”.
- Now type in your account password and tap on “Continue”.
- Then lastly, tap on “Delete Account”.
- Now click on the drop-down arrow at the right top of the account.
- Also, click on “Settings” and then “Your Facebook Information” on the left side.
- Then click on “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Now select “Delete Account” and “Continue to Account Deletion”.
- Also, type in the account password and click on “Continue”.
- Then lastly, click on “Delete Account”.
What Happens When You Delete Your Account?
Here is what happens when you delete your Facebook account:
- Now you won’t be able to reactivate your account.
- Also, all the content you’ve added/uploaded on Facebook will be gone forever, without the possibility of retrieving it (unless you’ve downloaded an archive of your data beforehand).
- Then apps that use your Facebook account won’t be accessible via Facebook Login anymore.
- Also, specific information, such as messages you’ve sent to friends, won’t be fully deleted and will remain visible to them.
- You won’t be able to use Messenger.
Now Facebook will give you 30 days to think about your decision and cancel the deletion process if you change your mind. Once that period expires, then your account and all related data to it will disappear forever. Also, keep in mind that it may take up to 90 days for all your information to be permanently deleted during that period, Facebook users won’t have access to it.
CHECKOUT >>> Facebook Dating App – Dating in Facebook App Free | Facebook Dating App Download