Facebook deactivate? You want to cool off from Facebook for some time, maybe due to your personal reasons, and deactivating it is what comes to your mind. When you deactivate your FB account, it does not mean your account is deleted, you can as well reactivate it anytime you want. This article will give you a typical guide on how to deactivate your FB account temporarily. You will also get to know what happens when you deactivate your account.
FB is the largest social media site that brings people together. It allows users to send messages, post pictures, upload, videos, comment & react to posts, read news, stream live videos, buy & sell items, and more. It also serves as a medium to which business owners and marketers promote and build their businesses.
It comes to a time when will decide to give space on Facebook for reasons best known to them. Deactivating their account is the only option they can think of. So if you want to deactivate your account but you don’t know how to go about it, this article will help you, just make sure you read to the end.
How To Deactivate Your Facebook Account
This option is perfect if you don’t want to completely remove your account. Deactivating your account temporarily lets you reactivate and access your Fb account anytime you choose to.
When you deactivate your Fb account, your profile will not be visible to other people and it won’t be searchable.
CHECKOUT >>> Facebook Dating App Download Free – Facebook Dating App Free |...
How To Deactivate Your Fb On iPhone
Follow these steps below to temporarily deactivate your account
- Get your iPhone, navigate to open the Facebook apk.
- Scroll down to the bottom right side of the page.
- Tap on the menu icon represented with three vertical lines.
- On the list, scroll down and click on the “settings & privacy”.
- A menu will appear on the screen, navigate to select the “settings” tab.
- On the next page, move down to the field that says “account ownership and control” and press on it.
- You will see the deactivation and deletion button, simply click on it.
- On the new page, select deactivate account” widget.
- Move down and tap on the blue button that says “continue to activate deactivation”.
How To Deactivate Facebook On Android
Follow the guide below to deactivate your Fb account using your Android phone.
- Get your Android device.
- Enable data connection.
- Go to your Android device home menu.
- Locate the Facebook app and tap on it.
- Login to your account if prompted.
- On your Fb homepage, scroll to the top right hand of the screen and click on the menu, which is the “ three lines”.
- Navigate downward.
- Select “ settings & privacy” tab.
- Hit the settings button.
- Press “ account ownership and control” tab.
- Click the “ Deactivation and deletion” button.
- Move to the bottom of the screen and hit the “continue to account deactivation” tab.
- Then follow the instructions on the screen to confirm it.
What Happens After Deactivating Facebook
It’s not just enough for you to deactivate your account without knowing what happens after you deactivate it. After deactivating your Fb people can still search for you, but they won’t be able to see your profile. That is, your timeline and list of likes will disappear. On a normal, your profile is not supposed to be visible after deactivation, but Incase you log in to your account and found friend request, to verify if the deactivation process was successful, try searching through someone else’s phone. It is positive, try to deactivate again.
Some data like your messages might still be visible. And your FB friends may still see your name within their friends list.
If you’re in any group, there’s every possibility that the group admin will still see your posts and comments in the platform.
Your Fb messenger will still be active. That means you can still chat with your friends using the messenger, your picture will keep showing when you’re chatting and other people on your friend list can search also chat you up.
However, if you don’t want to chat or to be chatted you need to deactivate your fb messenger.
CHECKOUT >>> Delete My Facebook Account – Delete Facebook Account Permanently | Deactivate...
How To Deactivate FB Messenger
To learn how to temporarily deactivate Facebook messenger, read the guide under,
- Launch the messenger apk.
- Scroll to the left top corner and click on your profile picture.
- Select “legal and policies” from the list.
- Click on “deactivate messenger” tab.
- Key in your password and then continue.
Is Deactivating And Deleting Fb Account The Same Thing?
You must know that deleting your account is not the same as deactivating it.
Deactivating account happens when you want to avoid the platform, not that you want to leave it completely. In as much as you can decide to ignore FB, the issue is, you might be tempted to visit the platform. So to avoid such temptation, deactivating is what goes. When you decide to reactivate it you will still find your data intact.
To delete your Facebook account is a different thing altogether. Before you delete your account you must have thought about it clearly. It is not a decision to take in a hurry, because when you delete your account all your data will be wiped off permanently and you can return to that same account.