Do you know what Facebook cover photos are? Well if you want to know, here it is. When creating a Facebook account, you will be given the option of adding or uploading a cover photo. This is optional, but it is very important.
Continue reading to know more about a Facebook cover photo, its importance, and how you can upload them to any of your profiles on Facebook.
Facebook Cover Photos
A Facebook cover photo is an image on Facebook. A Facebook cover photo can be associated with your cover photo or your Facebook page. These pictures unlike profile pictures are large and very graphic in nature.
They normally introduce or welcome visitors to your individual profile or your brand on Facebook. The cover photo is that large photo you see at the top of the profile on Facebook right above your profile picture. A Facebook cover photo only appears on your timeline, unlike a profile or display picture.
Do you know what this means? This means that your friends or your followers can only see your cover photo when they visit your individual profile or brand on the platform. When creating a Facebook account, you will be prompted to set up a cover photo.
Well, this is totally optional. Many Facebook users choose not to upload cover photos when setting up their accounts and this is wrong. In a bit, I will be telling you about the importance of a cover photo.
Facebook Cover Photo Free
When you have a Facebook page or you are running a brand on Facebook, then the Facebook cover photos may come in very handy. A cover photo is a great way and place to show your visual branding.
With the size of cover photos, you can easily convey more information and this is something your profile picture will not give to you. Cover photos may include a photo of your team or your product. It can also show a promotion you are currently running or it just might be including a very entertaining graphic in general.
How To Upload A Cover Photo On Facebook
As long as you have a Facebook account you can change or upload a cover photo. Doing this is free and easy. If you don’t know how to do this, we will be guiding you through the steps. to upload a cover photo on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook account.
- From your news feed, click on your profile picture or name in the top left corner.
- Under your cover photo at the top of your profile page, click on ‘update cover photo’. If you don’t have a cover photo click on add a cover photo.
- Click on upload photo. You can upload a photo from your computer or device or you can choose to select from your pictures from any of your Facebook albums or pictures.
- Lastly, click on save changes.
- Open your Facebook page.
- Just below your cover photo, click n add a cover or change the cover if you already have a cover photo.
- Click on upload photo or video to upload a cover photo from your device.
- After selecting a photo click on save.
That’s how you upload or change a cover photo on Facebook.
Facebook Account Creation
You will need to have a Facebook account in order to change a cover photo on the platform. Creating a Facebook account is free and easy. To create a Facebook account;
- Go to Facebook Sign Up.
- Enter your details in the spaces provided.
- Lastly, click on sign up.
That’s all about creating a Facebook account. You will need to verify your account via your mobile phone number or the email address with which you created your account.
How to Login to Facebook
Use the steps below to log in to your Facebook account:
- Access your account using either Facebook’s main URL or the mobile app on your device.
- Enter your login details on the login form given. This includes your user id and password.
- Lastly, click on the “login” button below the form given.
With the above followed carefully, you can be able to access your account with no difficulty.
How to Reset Facebook Forgotten Password
Are you having difficulty logging in to your account using your password? well if that is the case then the best thing to do is reset your password for easy access. Below are steps on how to login to your account:
- While on the Facebook page, click on the “forgotten password” button below the login form given on the website. Ensure your device is well connected to a good internet connection.
- Enter your User id. This could be either your mobile number or email.
You will be sent a code and also instructions for resetting the password.
What Should a Facebook Cover Photo Be?
Your Facebook Cover photo should be left aligned with a full bleed and a 16:9 aspect ratio. It must be at least 400 wide and 150 pixels tall. Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG file that is 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall, and less than 100 kilobytes.
How Do I Find Cover Photos?
You can find this photo at the top right of Facebook, then tap your name and enter photos. Scroll down and tap profile pictures or cover photos. If you can’t see all your albums, tap (numbers) or more albums for more.
Can You Choose who Sees Your Cover Photo on Facebook?
Yes. You can tap on edit post privacy. If you don’t see this, in most cases if the phone was shared as part of an album, you will need to change the privacy setting for the whole album. You can only edit the privacy setting for individual photos in certain albums, including profile pictures and cover photos.