In this article, you will find an easy way to create a folder in Google Drive using your phone. If there are lots of files scattered in different locations on your phone, it can be frustrating to find them when you want to share or make use of them.
However, when all your files are arranged in a folder, you can easily access them whenever you want to. Google Drive is a platform, phone users use to organize their all files. Whether you are an Android or iPhone user, this article will be beneficial to you. Read on to get the Easy Way to Create a Folder in Google Drive Using a Phone.
Easy Way to Create a Folder in Google Drive Using Phone
Arranging all your files in a folder helps you to stay organized and also keeps your documents safe. It makes it very easy to track, sort, transfer, and manage files without stress.
To access the files, all you need to do is locate the folder saved the Google drive. It’s that easy. Keep reading for a guide on how to achieve that.
How to Create a Folder in Google Drive Using Android
As an Android user, below are some steps that you can consider to create a folder in Google Drive
- Locate the Google Drive app on your Android and click on it when you find it.
- When the app opens, locate the plus (+) sign at the lower right-hand corner of the page and tap on it.
- On the page displayed, tap on the “Folder” button.
- Thereafter, a new form will be displayed requesting you to create a name for the folder. Enter a name of your choice for the folder and click on the “create” button.
When you carry out these simple processes above, you will be able to create a folder in the Google Drive app within a few minutes. Thereafter, you can start adding your documents to the folder.
How to Create a Folder in Google Drive Using iPhone
Follow the steps below to create a folder in Google Drive using your iPhone
- On your iPhone, locate the Google Drive app and open it.
- Scroll down the page and click on the Add (+) sign at the right corner.
- Thereafter, enter the “Folder” option.
- A prompt will be displayed on your screen. There you are to create a name for your folder.
- Tap on the “Create” button when you have entered a name for your folder.
Thereafter, a folder will be created on your Drive. There, you can upload and manage your files on the cloud.
How to Upload Files in a Folder on Google Drive Using Phone
After you have created a folder in Google Drive, you can upload files and view files. When you upload files, they take up space on the drive. You can upload as many files as in a folder up to the limited space in the drive. Below is an easy guide on how you can upload files in a folder on Google Drive using a phone
- Connect your Android or iOS to the internet.
- On your Android or iOS, locate the Google Drive app and click on it.
- When the app opens, click on the Add (+) sign at the bottom of the page.
- Next, enter the “Upload” option
- Browse through your location drive to select what you want to upload then click on them.
Follow the processes above to upload files to your folder in Google Drive. Then you can view and manage them at your convenience.
Can You Make a Google Drive Folder Available Offline?
Yes, you can. You can make the folders in your Google Drive app available offline, so you do not need to connect to the internet before accessing files.
It’s very easy. All you need to do is locate the “Settings” bar on the Google Drive app and then turn on “Available offline”. Thereafter, your recent files will be available for you to access offline.
What is the Offline Feature in Google Drive?
The offline feature in Google Drive allows you to access your files without an internet connection. It also allows you to edit your files without a data connection. In this case, any changes made to the file will be saved locally and later updated by Google when you put on internet access.
Why are Some Files Not Available in My Google Drive App?
If you cannot find some of the files you saved on your Google Drive app, it could be a result of certain reasons. Firstly, it could be a result of too much cache on the app. It could also be caused by you accidentally transferring some files to another folder. Furthermore, if the Google Drive app is outdated, it could also cause this issue.
How Do I Make All My Files Again Appear in Google Drive?
If you find out that some of your files or folders are not available again on the Google Drive app on your phone. You can carry out some of the steps below to rectify the issue
- Check your internet connection
- Try signing out and in again
- Update the Google Drive app
- Delete the cache of the app
- Uninstall and install the app again
Can Multiple People Share a Google Drive Folder?
Yes, multiple people can share a Google Drive account. You can add as well as remove, and limit the access level of other members. When you add people to your Google Drive, you all can share files, edit, and folders as a group.
- Celebrating Africa’s Finest GTCO: Join one of the Biggest Fashion Events in Africa
- Amazon Prime Day is Here: Affordable Prime Deals You Should Get Right Now!
- Holland Scholarships (Non-EEA) 2023/2024 – Apply Now!
- Best Indoor & Outdoor Halloween Decorations on Amazon
- Trust for Sustainable Living Essay Competitions – Apply Now
- How to Get Xbox Live Gold at a Discount