Wondering about the earnest student loan refinancing? Earnest provides both private student loans and student loan refinancing. Known for flexible loan terms, Earnest is a lender worthy of consideration if you need to finance your education or refinance existing student debt.
The platform, Earnest, is ideal for borrowers who want to refinance college debt and pay it off quickly. Its customizable repayment options make it easy to increase monthly minimum payments, make multiple extra payments at once and make same-day payments.
Earnest Student Loan Refinancing
The platform or company, Earnest, a subsidiary of Navient, offers private student loans at competitive rates, as well as student loan refinancing and Parent PLUS refinancing at interest rates that could be lower than what you’re currently paying.
Earnest is an online lender that offers student loan refinancing and private student loans, as well as personal loans. Its refinancing loan is best for borrowers who want to customize their repayment schedule to pay off debt fast. Its private student loan is an option for borrowers who want flexible repayment.
The company stands out in the private student loan space because it offers a variety of loan repayment options, it uses a broader method of evaluating a borrower’s eligibility beyond just credit scores, and borrowers can manage their account via the company’s mobile app.
Below are the criteria you need to meet before you can be granted a refinance loan as a student by earnest;
- Firstly, To be a U.S Citizen or have a 10-year Permanent Resident Card
- You must also be at least 18 years of age,
- And lastly, you must be the primary borrower on the student loans you want to refinance.
- You must be employed to qualify; you must be employed with consistent income, or have a written job offer for a position that starts within six months.
- Credit score minimum: 650; the minimum credit score requirement is 650, your student loans must all be in good standing, you must be current on your rent or mortgage payments, and not have a bankruptcy on your credit report or any accounts recently in the collection.
- You have to spend less than you earn; you must also spend less than you earn, have at least two months of normal expenses in savings, and show a pattern of increasing bank account balances.
Best Student Loan Refinance Companies
Below are some other best students refinancing companies that have credibility;
- Common bond: Best for Social Responsibility; CommonBond is one of few lenders not owned by a large company, and they are consistently one of our top 5 lenders.
- Splash Financial: Best small refinancing company; Splash is similar to Credible and LendKey in that it searches multiple lenders, including many large credit unions. The company, Splash refinances loans from borrowers with associate, bachelor, or grad degrees as well as loans from for-profit colleges.
- Laurel Road: Best for medical professionals; While Laurel Road serves all borrowers, it is a must check for medical professions as well as Parent PLUS loan borrowers. They offer residency and fellowship refinancing. And an additional 0.25% rate discount for certain professions.
- SoFi: Best if you’re unsure where to apply; SoFi was one of the first companies to offer student loan refinancing. And they continue to be one of the top companies by total refinancing volume. Additionally, SoFi offers residency, fellowship, and Parent Plus refinancing. Click here for more.
Earnest offers both undergraduate and graduate loans, with or without a cosigner. You can get more details about earnest student loan refinancing by simply clicking here.