The 2023 edition of the Du Pré Grants is currently open for applications. However, before proceeding to apply, Candidates should note that only applications in the field of multiple sclerosis will be considered. In other words, if you are not working in the field of multiple sclerosis, you do not need to apply.
Du Pré Grant
The MSIF Du Pré Grant provides an opportunity for researchers in the field of multiple sclerosis and clinicians, who are also from low- and middle-income countries, to spend six months outside their home countries building Multiple Sclerosis (MS) research centers. This year, the program is accepting applications for virtual or local projects due to the travel restrictions imposed by COVID-19.
In the course of the program (either in person or virtual project), Participants will have the opportunity to either gain expertise or carry out parts of joint research projects. Upon receiving the award, applicants are expected to continue the research on Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in low and Middle-Income Countries, using their acquired expertise and networks.
Participants may spend up to two and six months MS research and will be awarded with a grant of up to £6,000 GBP, to cover the cost of travel and living expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Du Pré Grants
All candidates are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Candidates should possess a post-graduate level in an area relevant to multiple sclerosis.
- Prospective Candidates should come from a low or middle-income country
- Candidates must focus their research proposal on an area relevant to multiple sclerosis
- Candidates and Host supervisors should review carefully and sign the Terms and Conditions of the award
How to Apply for Du Pré Grants 2023
The application process for the Du Pre Grants can be completed in a few minutes via the steps outlined below:
- The first step is to Identify your project and field of interest.
- Get a project proposal with a project supervisor in a lab.
- Ensure that you complete all sections of the online application form at: admin.msif2.org/awards2023/register.php
- Once applications are submitted, the Host is contacted to submit a supporting statement using the same application form
- Two referees will be required to send their reference letters to research before 30 June deadline
- Applicants are advised to read the Terms and Conditions of the Award to familiarize themselves with requirements about reporting and payments.
Benefits of the Grant
The grant provides several benefits to young musicians diagnosed with MS:
- Financial support: The grant provides financial support of up to £6,000 to help with the cost of musical education and equipment.
- Performance opportunities: Recipients of the grant are given the opportunity to perform in public and showcase their musical talents.
- Mentorship: Recipients of the grant are assigned a mentor who provides guidance and support as they navigate their musical careers.
More Related Content
- Best & Amazing Family Vacation Spots
- What Will the Best Lovelace GPU Be
- Global Generation Scholarships 2023/2024 for Undergraduates Students (Merit-Based)
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program – Small Business Grants Program | FB Business Grant
- Apply for Government Grants – How to Apply for Government Grants