Call for application for the DELSU indigent student scholarship programme 2023/2024, is now open. Under the visionary leadership of Vice-Chancellor Prof. Andy Ogochukwu Egwunyenga, DELSU is offering educational opportunities for deserving undergraduate students of Delta State origin.
DELSU Indigent Students Scholarship – Details
In a bid to fulfil its Corporate Social Responsibility, DELSU has initiated the Indigent Students Scholarship Program for the academic year 2023/2024. This program aims to provide access to quality education for indigent students, reflecting the university’s commitment to fostering learning opportunities within the state.
DELSU was established as a State government university and operates a multi-campus system with campuses located strategically to serve the diverse population of Delta State. With a student population of approximately 22,000, DELSU offers a variety of programs, from full-time certificates to part-time evening and weekend degree programs.
Benefits of the DELSU Indigent Students Scholarship Program
The scholarship award generously covers school fees and third-party payments, providing financial relief to indigent students. INTERKEL is among the third-party payments covered by the scholarship.
The university’s commitment to education access is rooted in its mission to empower Deltans through knowledge. The leadership of Prof. Andy Ogochukwu Egwunyenga has been pivotal in shaping DELSU as an institution that not only imparts knowledge but also actively contributes to societal welfare.
Eligibility Criteria for DELSU Indigent Students Scholarship Program
- Prospective Candidates must be indigent and expected to demonstrate proof of indigency
- Applicants must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 to be eligible
- Special considerations will be given to Personal and Parental circumstances including ill health, disabilities, unemployment, and family challenges.
- Applicants currently involved in Community Voluntary Services regardless of their indigency, will have an added advantage.
- State and other source scholarship recipients are not eligible for this scholarship
- All first-year (100-level) applicants, are expected to have chosen Delta State University, Abraka as first choice in JAMB and secured a minimum weighted average of 52 in POST UTME.
DELSU Indigent Students Scholarship Program 2023 – How to Apply
- Qualified Candidates (scholars) can apply by visiting the DELSU Applications website at https://delsu.edu.ng/news/scholarship/index.aspx
- Applications for the DELSU Indigent Students Scholarship Program 2023 must be submitted before the application deadline on December 5, 2023.
- For more information, visit the official website at: https://www.delsu.edu.ng/default.aspx
Deadline for Application:
05 December 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is eligible for the DELSU Indigent Students Scholarship Program?
To be eligible, candidates must be indigent, demonstrate evidence of indigency, and maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
What are the key benefits covered by the scholarship?
The scholarship covers school fees and third-party payments, including INTERKEL.
How does community involvement enhance the chances of being selected?
Active involvement in community voluntary services gives candidates an added advantage during the selection process.
Can students from other states apply for the scholarship?
The scholarship is exclusively for undergraduate students of Delta State origin.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Edo State University Uzairue (EDSU) Undergraduate Scholarship – How to Apply
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS) Vice-Chancellor’s Merit Scholarship 2023-24 | APPLY NOW
- International Vice-Chancellor High Achiever Scholarship
- Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – How to Apply Now
- Delta Airlines Employment Benefits – Delta Airlines Benefits for Employees
- UQ Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship 2023-2024 – APPLY NOW