Deleting a Facebook account has become one of the most recent actions of users. This may be because they want to take a break from the social media space or avoid being scammed. If you are thinking of deleting your account in this social media space, you should read this article. You would learn how to leave this platform permanently totally whether you are an Android or iOS user.
Deleting Facebook Account
Facebook is one of the largest social media platforms in the world today. This social media space was founded in the year 2004 to bring the world closer and form a community online. This platform is used for so many activities such as business, networking, dating, education, video chatting, conference hosting, news and information, and lots more. With this, you should know that this platform is a valuable one.
Another unique feature of this platform is that it allows individuals to connect with and share information with their loved ones. Some apps also use the Facebook sign-in. Lately, there have been reported cases of spamming and mismanagement of personal information on this platform. This has led to users leaving the space temporarily or permanently. Also, there are so many fake accounts on this space and this may be the reason you want to leave this space.
How to Delete Facebook Account Using your Mobile Devices
If you want to delete your account on the space, there are some things you should consider. When you permanently leave this online space, you would no longer be able to enjoy some features. Some of the points to take note of include:
- All your data, pictures, posts, and other uploads will be deleted as well.
- You would not be able to use Facebook Sign in for third-party apps such as Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- The Pages you own on this platform would be deleted as well. You can prevent this by transferring the page ownership to another user of the platform.
- The messenger would be deleted too. You won’t be able to use it but your friends may still see your previous messages.
Before the account would be deleted permanently, you would be given 30 days to reconsider your decision. After this 30-day grace, you won’t be able to reactivate the account.
How to Delete Facebook Account on Android Phone
Deleting your Facebook account on your Android devices is very easy. To leave this space permanently using your Android device, follow the steps below:
- Connect your Android device to the internet.
- Launch the app on your device.
- Tap on the hamburger menu at the top right corner of your display screen.
- Navigate to “Settings” and tap on it.
- Choose “Personal and account information”.
- Select “Account ownership and control”.
- Choose “Deactivation and deletion”.
- Scroll down to “Delete account” and choose it.
- Pick the reason why you want to leave the space.
- Continue to account deletion by clicking on the blue button at the bottom of your screen.
Follow the rest on-screen instructions to enter your Password and leave the space finally.
How to Delete Facebook Account on iOS Devices
If you are an iOS user, you can follow the steps below to act:
- Switch on your device and connect it to the internet.
- Search for the Facebook app on your device and open it.
- Navigate to the bottom right corner of your display screen and click on the menu button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and choose “Settings and Privacy”.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Select “Account ownership and control”.
- Go to “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Choose “Delete Account”.
- State the reason you want to leave the space.
- Review the options to deactivate the account or archive your posts instead.
- Choose “Download” if you want to save your data before you delete the account.
- After the download is finished, tap on “Delete Account”.
- Fill in your “Password” in the required field.
- Select continue.
- To confirm that you want to delete the account, choose “Delete Account”.
With the guide above, you should be able to carry out this action without difficulties. If you wish to reactivate your account before the 30-day grace, you can simply log in with your Email address and Password to recover your account.
- Delete Facebook Post – How to Delete a Facebook Post
- Delete Facebook App – How to Delete Facebook App on Android and iOS Devices
- Social Media Management Software – Best Social Media Management Software 2022
- Facebook Dating App on Mobile Phone – How to Activate Facebook Dating on Mobile Phone
- Zepeto App – Create Your Own 3D Avatar, Chat And Mete People All Over the World