Want to learn how to Delete Facebook Messages Fast? My advice is that you read through this article to find the answer to what you are looking for. Sometimes we act at the spur of the moment, just to discover later that it was not necessary, and sending a wrong message might one of such actions.
If you have already posted a message on Facebook, only to discover that you either made a mistake in your spelling, or the message was not just supposed to get out there, where you have tons of people who can view it, Facebook gives you the option of deleting it. Messages you have posted to Facebook can be easily deleted, once you know the right buttons to click.
Delete Facebook Messages Fast
Deleting Facebook messages might be quite difficult for some users. worry no more as the method is explained easily. There are times users may type and send the wrong message and want to get them deleted. This happens a lot to Facebook users. You can delete Facebook messages on both mobile applications and on PC also. You may have reasons for deleting a message you posted on Facebook. Here are some of them:
- If you spelled a word wrongly.
- You suddenly discovered that the message you posted was not supposed to be for public consumption.
- Somebody suddenly draws your attention to something you were not supposed to post.
- When you have settled with someone you had issues with before posting the message.
- If you sent a message to the wrong person or group.
Truth be told, we have at one time or the other found ourselves in this situation before and feel we shouldn’t have done it. So you are not alone in this and don’t worry I am here to give you the solution you need.
How to Delete Facebook Messages Fast
What you should know;
If you happen to send the wrong message, the new feature rolled out by Facebook helps you delete messages for yourself as well as for everyone. You have up to 10 minutes to delete a message after it has been sent. Now let’s show you how you delete messages both on a mobile device and on a computer with ease. It can be done in a split second.
Delete Facebook Messages Fast On Mobile
Here is how to delete on mobile:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app.
- Scroll to the conversation where you want to delete a message, and tap and hold the message for a second or two.
- Beneath the window that is displayed, click on Remove.
- In case you are trying to delete the message within 10 minutes of sending it, you can decide to either ‘Remove for everyone’ or ‘Remove for you’. After 10 minutes, the only option you will see will be the ‘Remove for you’ option.
Finally, your conversation will be removed or deleted from the chat window.
Deleting an Entire Facebook Messages on Mobile
If you want to delete an entire conversation on mobile:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app, and scroll to the Chats view, where you can see all of your conversations in one place.
- Locate the conversation you want to delete and swipe it to the left.
- Click on the Delete icon, and confirm that you want to delete by clicking on ‘Delete Chat’.
And the entire Facebook messages on your mobile will be deleted.
Delete Facebook Messages Fast on Computer
Here are the steps for deleting on the computer:
- Scroll to Facebook in your web browser.
- On the left side of the window, tap on “Messenger” in order to switch to your Messenger inbox.
- In the conversation where you want to delete a message, tap on the three-dot menu that pops up either to the left or to the right of your message, and tap on “Remove”.
- If you are deleting the message within 10 minutes of sending it, you can choose to ‘Remove for everyone’ or ‘Remove for you’. After 10 minutes, the only option you will see will be the ‘Remove for you’ option only.
Deleting an Entire Facebook Messages on Computer
It is always easier to delete the entire messages, instead of removing the messages one at a time. To delete:
- Scroll to Facebook in your web browser
- On the left-wing of the window, tap on “Messenger” in order to switch to your Messenger inbox.
- Locate the conversation you want to delete and click on the small gear-shaped icon on the left.
- Tap on Delete again.
Just like we said, deleting messages on Facebook is quite easy and fast and you can use the above-outlined steps to delete messages you do not want others to see on Facebook immediately.
More Related Posts
- Swagbucks Code: Swagbucks Code Review 2021
- How to Delete My Facebook Account: Facebook Account Delete | Delete Facebook
- How to Go Live on TikTok: How to Go Live on TikTok without 1000 Fans
- Facebook New Year Greetings: Facebook New Year Cover Photos | Facebook New Year Wishes
- Facebook New Year: Facebook New Year Cover Photos | Facebook Account Set Up
- Apps Google Fit: How to Download Google Fit App | How to Use Google Fit