Do you wish to own a Dating Account on Facebook App but don’t know how to go about it? well congrats as you being on this page, means you have found the right guide to owning one. It is true that finding a romantic partner is something that’s deeply personal. but with the social distancing and busy schedule, dating online isn’t a bad idea.
Facebook dating makes it easy to find love, without much stress. And the best part is that the dating app is not just for hookups like other dating apps, but also to build a serious relationship.
Dating online can be fun too, especially since technology has improved allowing you access to video calls, and avatars to make chatting more fun. Who wouldn’t bulge?
Dating Account on Facebook App
Owning a dating account on Facebook doesn’t need much stress. Plus, it’s totally free. Starting today you can choose to opt into the dating service. But there are some things you need to know and rules you need to adhere to in order to enjoy dating on the Facebook app to the fullest.
The dating works, by you creating a separate dating profile filling your interest, preferences, and other activities carried out on Facebook. Facebook will then match you with someone that you both share the same interest.
But before you can opt-in to the dating service, you must be 18 years and above, else Facebook won’t grant you access to the dating app.
Facebook Dating App
Is there really a separate Facebook dating app? Well, the answer is no. Facebook dating is yet to have a website of its neither is it a standalone app that you can download separately. Facebook is a feature that you can access through the Facebook mobile app.
Key Features of Facebook Dating
Below are some of the key features of Facebook dating;
- Secret crush; well this feature lets you match with people that you already know on Facebook and Instagram. This is because Facebook does not match you with your friends on Facebook, your friends, and people you might have blocked. But this feature allows you to add up to nine of your Facebook friends.
- You can also now add your Instagram posts to your Facebook Dating profile; by doing this, it will make it easier to build a better dating profile, show aspects of your life to others, and find shared connections that spark conversation.
- Creating a dating profile is easier now; Facebook has now made it easier compared to before on how to create a dating profile. It’s just a few taps and you are done.
You can get more details on the dating features here.
Facebook Dating Availability
This new dating feature on the Facebook app has not yet been rolled out to all countries. The social media giant is also making plans to roll it out to more countries. The countries with access to the dating app are listed below;
- The U.S, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, Uruguay, and Vietnam. It was recently rolled out to Europe, early 2021. You can learn about more of the countries that can access it by visiting this link.
Facebook is currently not in any African country, but let’s hope in time Facebook will change that.
Facebook Dating Profile
Here is how to create a dating profile on Facebook.
- Open the Facebook app and hit the hamburger menu in the top right of your feed.
- Tick on dating.
- Follow the prompt to set up your dating profile. After you share your location and choose a photo, your dating profile will be generated using the information from your Facebook account. You can customize your Facebook dating profile by adding more information photos, photos, and even posts from Instagram.
- Tap Done when you are pleased.