Ever heard of the ongoing Cork University Business MSc Food Security Policy and Management Scholarships 2020? The MSc Food Security Policy and Management is the first of its kind in Ireland specifically focused on food security policy in the context of international development. The programme has provided an opportunity to graduate to gain a qualification in a specialized field that is of growing importance to agencies worldwide. The MSC programme has collaborated with one of the leading institutes globally “International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)” addressing food security and nutrition issues. Desired applicants who seek a chance to be among the chosen two (2) applicants for this programme should get involve and read more on this article to get the basic necessities of the scholarship programme.
Cork University Business MSc Food Security Policy and Management Scholarships 2020
The CUBS will be offering full scholarships to two (2) students from countries intake of the MSc Food Security Policy and Management. There is an urgent need to widen the capacity to tackle the problems of food insecurity and malnutrition worldwide through well-designed policies and programme intervention.
Read Also >>> ClearXchange – Make Payments and Receive Money Online
This scholarship programme is an opportunity made available to applicants who are in developing countries and otherwise would not be in a financial position to pursue the programme. It gives applicants an opportunity to graduates to gain a qualification in a specialised field that is of growing importance to policy institutes, NGOs and development agencies worldwide.
The scholarship will enable two (2) highly motivated students from developing countries to gain the skills and knowledge to make a real impact on the issues in their professional lives.
Here are some brief description for the Cork University Business MSc Food Security Policy and Management Scholarships 2020.
- Application deadline: 29th May 2020.
- Eligible countries Applicants: Developing countries citizens.
- Scholarship type: Masters.
- Number of Award(s): Two (2).
- Duration: One (1) year.
Course Units for the Programme
Here are the courses to which the Scholarship will broadly cover:
- Sustainable Food Systems.
- Advanced Food Security Theory, Practical and Analysis.
- Rural Development, Gender and Livelihood.
- Economics of Agri-Food Markets and Value Chain Analysis.
- Health Information Systems and e-Health Analysis.
- Public Health Nutrition.
- Programme Planning and Impact Assessment.
- Research Methods 1 & 2.
- Food Security in Humanitarian Crises.
- Global Food Policy Issues.
- Applied Food Security Research Project.
Applicants are to be considered into the above course units for the Scholarship scheme. Also, the target group for this course are professionals working policy institutes, Non-Governmental Organizations, think tanks and international development agencies worldwide.
The scholarship programme involves some granted benefits only to be accessible by the two (2) taken applicants or winners of the scholarship. Here are the benefits of the programme:
- Paid tuition fees for the scholarship.
- A return airfare to Ireland.
- And an amount of about €1,000 per month for a year.
Duration of Award
The Cork University Business MSc Food Security Policy and Management Scholarships 2020 will commence for a one (1) year period of time.
There are requirements to be meant by applicants to be eligible for the scholarship programme. Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be first offered a position on the MSc in Food Security Policy and Management by applying via the portal http://www.pac.ie/courses/courses.php?inst=ck&mode=t&nat=eu.
- They are required to be fluent in English Language.
- Applicants must be citizens of, and normally resident in developing countries.
- Candidates for the programme should be Masters Degree holders.
- All Ireland or EU applicants must possess at least a second class honour grade 2 in a primary school degree or equivalent in the relevant subject.
- Non-EU applicants must possess at least a UCC 2H2 in their primary degree pr equivalent in the relevant subject.
- Applicants that are non-native speakers of English Language must meet up to the University English Language requirements.
Cork University Business MSc Food Security Policy and Management Scholarships 2020 Application Process
Here is the application process for applicants to get involved in for the scholarship programme.
- Applicants must first be offered a place on the MSc in Food Security Policy and Management (CKL04) by applying via the URL http://www.pac.ie/courses/courses.php?inst=ck&mode=t&nat=eu.
- Candidates are to read through the entry requirements for the programme via the Scholarships page https://www.ucc.ie/en/ckl04/.
- Applicants for the scholarship programme should apply by email to Ms Niamh Kiely via the mail [email protected], using the subject title “MSc Food Security Scholarships”.
With the above details, applicants are ready and set to apply for the chance of becoming among the two (2) winners for the scholarship programme.
Applicants are expected to have in possession of the below listed documents as they are required for the scholarship. The documents include:
- Evidence or proof that they have applied online to the MSc Food Security Policy and Management. Applicants should visit and apply for that via the PAC portal or visit the URL http://www.pac.ie/courses/courses.php?inst=ck&mode=t&nat=eu.
- Applicants are to provide a motivational statement (maximum of 300 words) outlining their suitability to be considered doe a scholarship.
- And lastly, contact details of two referees (must include a parent or guardian).
After knowing the eligibility and documents required for the scholarship programme, applicants should submit their entries before the expected deadline date.
Cork University Business MSc Food Security Policy and Management Scholarships 2020 Deadline
The deadline for the Scholarships 2020 closes on Friday 29th May 2020. Entries will not be accepted or attended to after the closing date of the application processing. Visit the Cork University page for more information based on the scholarship programme https://www.ucc.ie/en/scholarships/postgraduate/blschpg/b-lpgmscfss/.