We are pleased to inform you that Applications for the 23rd edition of the Christopher Tower Poetry Competition 2023 are now Open. The competition is regarded as the UK’s most valuable prize for young poets.
The Christopher Tower Poetry Competition is inviting students who are between the ages of 16 to 18 years for a challenge to write a poem on the theme ‘The Planets.’ Candidates should note that the closing date for entries is 12 noon on 24 February 2023 after which entries will no longer be accepted.
Students who emerge Winners will be notified by 4 April 2023. So what are you waiting for? Submit an entry now and stand a chance of winning the £14,000 prize. In submitting an entry, use your email address to create a Submittable account.
Summary of Christopher Tower Poetry Competition
- Type: Competition
- Host Organization: Christopher Tower
- Country: United Kingdom
- Gender: Men and Women
- Value: £14,000
- Application status: Open
- Application Deadline: February 24, 2023
Benefits of Christopher Tower Poetry Competition 2023
- The 23rd edition of the Christopher Tower Poetry Prizes is offering a newly increased first prize and a full set of awards worth more than £14,000 to successful winners.
- A £5,000 prize for the poet who writes the best single poem on the theme of ‘The Planets’.
- The competition also gives a second prize of £3,000, and a third prize of £1,500. In addition, there will be ten runners-up, who will each receive £500.
About Christopher Tower
The Tower Poetry was founded in 2000, the establishment came as a result of a generous bequest made by the late Christopher Tower.
Christopher Tower made this bequest in other to stimulate an enjoyment and critical appreciation of poetry, particularly among young people in education, and to challenge people to write their own poetry.
The Tower Poetry is held annually for persons between the ages of 16-18 years old in the UK on a set theme, and biennial residential summer schools for 18-23 years old. The poetry competition is said to be the most generous for young people in the UK.
Amazingly, the program is free to enter; Tower Poetry also covers the tuition and accommodation costs for summer school.
How to Apply for Christopher Tower Poetry Competition 2023?
- Interested and qualified candidates can access Christopher Tower on chch.ox.ac.uk to apply
- Complete the form which will take approximately 5 minutes to complete
- The application form will request the following information; your name, date of birth, and email address, the address of your school/college, the teacher’s Contact details, and your poem (upload one PDF, DOC, or DOCX file.)
- For more details, visit the Christopher Tower website: https://towerpoetry.submittable.com/submit/239148/the-christopher-tower-poetry-competition-2023
Eligibility Criteria for Christopher Tower Poetry Competition Qualification
- The ideal Entrants must be at least 16 years of age, and under 19 years of age, on February 24, 2023.
- Entrants should be in full or part-time education at any educational institution in the United Kingdom. However, Students enrolled on higher education courses are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The Tower Poetry Prize 2023 entries must be on the designated theme.
- Must be written in English, and not exceed 48 lines in length.
- Entry should be made via the website, with accurate information given.
- Each entrant are only required to submit only one poem and the poems may not be edited after they are submitted to the Tower Poetry Competition; only the first entry will be considered.
- Any poems with joint authorship will not be eligible
- The Poems must not have been previously published, broadcast or submitted to another competition.
February 24, 2023.
More Related Content
- Nursing Grants 2023: Top Grants or Scholarships for Nursing Students to Apply for
- European Space Agency (ESA) Africa Research Fellowship Program 2023 – How to Apply
- Iraq Leadership Fellowship Program 2023 – How to Apply
- Pastry Chef jobs with Visa Sponsorship – How to Apply
- NIHR Global Health Palliative Care (GHAP) African PhD Training Fellowship 2023 – How to…