The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) encourages all applicants to use the CHED scholarship application online portal. This body is the government agency of the Philippines and it offers scholarship awards every year to outstanding eligible applicants.
Moreover, the benefits that come with this program are numerous. Read through this article to get more information about this scholarship, its eligibility, and the application process.
This scholarship program is designed to financially assist students who are enrolled in public or private higher education institutions (HEIs) approved by the government. Selection of eligible candidates for this scholarship will be made based on merit. And students are to submit their applications online. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you can apply for this scholarship.
Summary of the CHED Scholarship
Below is a summary of the scholarship to give you more information about it
- Level of Study: Undergraduate.
- Scholarship Worth: Fully funded.
- Institution: Commission of Higher Education.
- Duration of the Scholarship Program: The scholarship lasts for the duration of the course you want to study.
These are the details of the scholarship award.
Eligibility Criteria for CHED Scholarship
Moreover, before you can apply for this scholarship award, there are certain eligibility criteria that you need to meet. The eligibility criteria for this scholarship are
- You should be a citizen of Filipino.
- Also, you should be at least 18 years of age to apply for the scholarship.
- Must not be a graduate of any degree program previously.
- You must avail of only one government financial assistance program.
- Also, you should be a graduating high school student or high school graduate.
- You should have a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 90% or above.
- The combined annual gross income of parents/guardians should not exceed four hundred thousand pesos.
These are the eligibility criteria to apply for the CHED scholarship. If you meet these eligibility criteria, you’ll be able to apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply for CHED Scholarship
If you meet all the eligibility requirements for the scholarship, then you can apply through the website at https://chedcaraga.ph/.
Documents Required to Apply for CHED Scholarship
The documents required to apply for the CHED scholarship are
- Birth certificate.
- Medical certificate.
- NBI/police clearance.
- Certificate of tax exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardians if employed.
- Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay
- Photocopy of proof of income.
- Certificate or case study report from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
- Tax return.
- True copy of High school report card.
- Duly certified photocopy of grades for Grade 11 or first semester Grade 12 for graduating high school students.
- Marriage contract (if you’re married).
These are some of the documents you’ll require to apply for a CHED scholarship.
Benefits of the CHED Scholarship
This scholarship program covers the tuition fees for the duration of your coursework. So, if you are sponsored by this scholarship, you don’t have to worry about paying school fees. It covers other allowances associated with schooling including book allowance. In addition to this, it includes stipend for students.
The scholarship deadline is on August 15, 2023.
What Courses Can I Study Under the CHED Scholarship?
Under the CHED scholarship scheme, you can study any of the following priority courses
- Engineering and technology courses like Food, Civil, Ceramic, Computer engineering, and the like.
- Information Technology Education courses like computer science, cyber security, and information system.
- Science and Mathematics courses like Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Environmental science, and the like.
- Architecture and related programs.
- Business and management courses.
- Maritime Education.
- Teacher Education.
- Social sciences.
- Multi and interdisciplinary courses.
- Health profession education.
- Teacher education.
- Health profession education courses.
These are the courses that you can study with the CHED scholarship.
Can I Apply for CHED Scholarship as a First-Year Student?
Yes, you can. This scholarship award is open to freshers of public or private higher education institutions. If you’re studying any of the courses covered by the CHED scholarship, you can still apply for it. However, as an applicant, you should have a good first-year degree in college.
How Many Courses Can I Take Up Under the CHED Scholarship?
As an applicant, you can only take a maximum of two courses. Each course is from a different discipline.
How Many Semesters Does the CHED Scholarship Cover?
Provided that you meet the requirements set by CHED, this scholarship will cover every year of your undergraduate coursework.
What Happens If I Fail to Meet the Scholarship Requirements?
If you do not meet the scholarship requirements, you’ll be considered ineligible. This means you won’t stand a chance to get the scholarship award.
- Gmail’s New Encryption Can Make Email Safer
- New Sony Patent Suggests PlayStation Cloud Gaming Could Be on Popular Streaming Devices
- Goggle Reportedly Settles Lawsuits in Washington DC and Indiana
- Obama Foundation Colombia World Projects Grant 2023 – Apply Now!
- Alibaba Reshuffles Its Top Execs amid Scrutiny from the US
- Harvard University Berkman Klein Center Scholarship 2024 – Apply Now!