Applications are currently open for the Chatham House Research Fellow Programme 2024. Chatham House, alternatively known as the Royal Institute of International Affairs, is a London-based policy institute that operates independently. Its main goal is to contribute to the development of a safe, prosperous, and just world.
The Digital Society Initiative (DSI) at Chatham House focuses on addressing the challenges and opportunities brought about by digital technology. It works towards fostering dialogue, collaboration, shared understanding, and flexibility among institutions in order to effectively govern and provide for the advancements in technology.
Chatham House values diversity and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals. They actively encourage applicants from various backgrounds to join their organization. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team at a leading think-tank, exploring new ideas that intersect technological governance and international affairs.
Benefits Of Chatham House Research Fellow Programme
- Salary of £45,000 yearly
- Other benefits you will enjoy are thirty- seven (37) days of annual leave, including public holidays and closure days at Chatham House. Also, there are perks like pension salary exchange, an employee assistance program, parental leave, flexible working options, and other benefits tailored to fit your lifestyle. All of these advantages come within a professional, captivating, and intellectually stimulating work environment.
- Help in creating and implementing research projects that align with the strategic goals of the program and institute. This should include a clear understanding of the intended audience(s) and the potential impact of the research.
- Enhance the network of the program and institute for research and influence by establishing and maintaining connections with key policymakers, influencers, experts, journalists, businesses, and institutions on a global scale. Additionally, it aids in forming new alliances and partnerships.
- Continuously produce high-quality research outputs that are relevant to policy-making, ensuring its delivery.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to effectively communicate and disseminate project findings. This includes organizing seminars, and workshops, publishing research, and utilizing various online resources.
- Seek out funding prospects, prepare applications, and secure project funding. Also, work towards strengthening relationships with current donors.
- Foster relationships and collaborate with the DSI, as well as colleagues both within and outside the institute, to develop and implement projects.
- Collaborate with colleagues to assess funding requirements, identify opportunities, and establish connections. Draft research concept notes and grant proposals.
- Work with colleagues and external partners to develop creative research approaches, capture synergies within the institute, and maximize the impact of projects.
- Coordinate the efforts of the project team and any partners involved, whether internal or external.
- Share knowledge and valuable insights throughout the program whenever suitable opportunities arise.
- Successfully accomplish projects by establishing goals and desired outcomes, setting and meeting deadlines, and overseeing budget management.
- Effectively communicate research findings, insights, and policy recommendations to specific target audiences such as policymakers, media outlets, and influential figures.
- Enhance the planning and implementation of program events, conferences, and roundtables by utilizing economic expertise, networks, and subject matter knowledge.
- Develop well-structured meeting agendas and compile comprehensive lists of speakers and attendees.
- Assist in assessing potential risks for field research in collaboration with center and program leadership/management.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of projects and ensure active engagement of target audiences.
- Promote research through presentations and active involvement in conferences, roundtables, and other pertinent events. Also, contribute to publications and media engagements.
- Enhance the visibility and recognition of activities and research by generating relevant publicity and utilizing various media channels, including the website.
- Formulate and draft grant proposals for research purposes.
- Experience in dealing with matters related to the governance of technology, encompassing various areas such as digital public infrastructure, artificial intelligence, international digital collaboration, and major technology platforms.
- Proficient in conducting research, possessing a strong understanding of research methodologies and practices.
- Demonstrated capability in crafting well-written thought pieces and policy recommendations that offer solutions to a wide range of audiences, preferably even external publications.
- Skill in coordinating research communication activities, including finding imaginative approaches to present research outcomes in innovative ways.
- Proven ability to secure funding for research projects and effectively engage with potential donors.
- Proficiency in writing with clarity and brevity for diverse groups of people.
- Excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to present information and arguments convincingly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of building relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrates a team-oriented mindset and a curiosity in fostering the growth of colleagues’ abilities and promoting innovation.
- Possesses strategic problem-solving skills, recognizing the alignment of research goals with overarching organizational strategies and societal frameworks.
- Once the closing date has elapsed, the Job Description mentioned above will no longer be accessible. It is advised to retain a personal copy for future reference and also ensure to apply before the deadline.
- To Apply click here
- The outcome of your application will be communicated to you within a period of 4 weeks from the closing of the role.
For further details about the program please visit the official website.
October 8, 2023.
More Related Content
- Chatham University Scholarships and Grants 2023/2024 for Fresh Students (up to $25K per year) – How to Apply!
- Chatham House Mo Ibrahim Foundation Academy Fellowship for African Citizens (£2,365)
- Queen Elizabeth II Academy Leadership Masterclass Programme – APPLY NOW
- Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship 2023/24 at Chatham House
- Thoughtful Happy New Month Messages for Your Colleagues