The application portal is now open for the Canadian University Dubai Scholarships 2023. We bring good news for international students aspiring to situdy in nations like The United Arab Emirates.
If you are an aspirant for a scholarship like this, you should be going through your application process now. We will guide you with this in a few words. Read on to get the full information below.
Canadian University Dubai Scholarships 2023
The Canadian University in Dubai is committed to providing quality Canadian education for all interested and brilliant international students. The importance of difference and diversity is recognized by the University, and they do not want financial limitations or special needs to get in the way of your enrolment.
Canadian University Dubai Scholarships 2023 Scholarship Summary
The list below contains very brief important information about the Canadian University scholarship, Dubai 2023.
Sponsor of the Scholarship: The Canadian University, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Host Institution: The Canadian University, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Scholarship Benefit: The benefit of this scholarship is 50% of the tuition fees of the recipients
Number of Awards: Many
Level of Study: Undergraduates and Post Graduates
Nationality: International Students
List of the Canadian University Dubai Scholarships
We may not be able to give a very good detailed explanation of the following scholarships. Follow this website for more details on the individual scholarships or visit the website of the scholarships by clicking on their respective links.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- Financial Hardship Scholarship
- Special Needs Scholarship
- Special Talent Scholarship
Note that the scholarships offered under the individual parastatals are limited to a certain number of students. Also, students must meet the minimum selection criteria to be considered by the scholarship committee. The amount to be awarded to the recipients will depend on the specific criteria outlined for each scholarship.
Benefits of the Canadian University Scholarships
The benefits of these scholarships are;
- High school students having a high academic average of 99% are qualified to apply for the 50% waiver. To get this waiver, you must have a GPA of 3.98 or higher. And you must maintain this GPA after the semester to continue receiving this scholarship
- You will get a 40% tuition waiver if you have attained an academic average of 95 – 98%. To maintain this, you must have a GPA of 3.95 -3.97
- You are eligible to apply for a 30% tuition waiver if you have attained an academic average between 90 – 95%. If you are trying to retain this scholarship, you must maintain a GPA of 3.9-3.94.
- You will eligible for a 20% tuition waiver if you have an academic average of 85-89.9% in high school. If you are a current recipient of this scholarship, and you want to maintain this waiver, you must have a CGPA of 3.85 – 3.89.
- All recipients will be eligible for a 10% tuition waiver if they were granted an automatic tuition waiver in their first semester. To maintain this waiver, these students must have a CGPA of 3.8 to 3.84.
Eligibility Criteria for The Canadian University Scholarship, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
To be eligible for the Canadian University, Dubai, United Arab Emirates Scholarship, you must have the following requirements;
- You must be an international student not from Dubai
- All qualified students of any citizenship are eligible for this scholarship
- Full-time students that are enrolled in four academic courses or more per semester are eligible for these scholarships
- A minimum of four academic courses are recommended for financial hardship and special needs scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded for credit-bearing courses only
- To maintain any of these scholarships, recipients must maintain the target of the cumulative grade point average as specified by the individual scholarship board. To get more details about all these, visit the specific website of all these scholarships given above.
- Summer semesters do not carry these scholarships
- These scholarships are only valid for the current tuition fees of the recipients
- You can apply for more than one of these scholarships, provided you meet the requirements. If you qualify for more than one scholarship reduction, grant, or scholarship, you will be allowed to choose the scholarship you prefer the most or the one with the highest value.
- If you want to maintain any of these scholarships, you must pay the remaining part of your fees as quickly as possible.
These are the major requirements you must fulfill to get and maintain these scholarships.
The deadline to apply for the Canadian University Dubai Scholarships 2023 is on the 20th of December, 2022.
How to Apply for the Canadian University Dubai Scholarships 2023
There is no general procedure for applying for these scholarships. If you are interested in any of these scholarships, you must visit their websites to know the appropriate required documents and apply. On their various websites, you can also find the specific eligibility requirements for each scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Get a Full Scholarship in Dubai?
There are many ways to get such scholarships listed below;
- Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- International Study Grant.
- Postgraduate/Masters Study Grant.
- Professional Study Grant.
- Schools Partnership Grant.
- GEMS Schools Partnership Grant.
Is Canadian University in Dubai recognized in Canada?
The University is highly recognized and well-reputed in Canada, and many students of this University have transferred their credits to study at top Canadian institutions such as the University of Toronto, McGill University, and the University of British Columbia.
Does Canada Offer Full Scholarships?
International students can finance their studies in Canada through scholarships, which are non-repayable financial awards. These scholarships tend to be granted to students with outstanding academic achievement, although some also recognize volunteer and work experience.
What GPA Is Required for Scholarships in Canada?
If you want to receive a continuing scholarship in Canada, you must maintain a GPA of at least 2.67. adversely, graduate scholarship recipients must maintain a CGPA of 3.0.
How Many Hours Can a Student Work in Dubai?
You can only work in the UAE with a Student Visa if you have obtained a UAE Work Permit. Additionally, you cannot work full-time, you can only work up to four consecutive hours.