Are you looking for an opportunity to get a bodyguard job in the USA? This is highly possible and you can even get benefits such as VISA sponsorship.
Read this article In full to get full details about these jobs and how to get them.
BodyGuard Jobs In USA
There are so many jobs both foreigners and indigenes of the United States of America can use to make a living without having a bachelor’s degree or some other very sophisticated certification. One of them is this one.
The note below contains all you need to know about this job and how to apply.
Who is a BodyGuard
A bodyguard is a type of security guard, or servicemember who protects a person or group of people from danger: generally, theft, assault, kidnapping, assassination, harassment, loss of confidential information, threats, or other criminal offences.
The team of people who protect a VIP is known as the VIP’s security detail.
Duties/Responsibility of a BodyGuard
A personal bodyguard’s responsibilities typically include the following:
- Serving as a go-between for the client and his or her family, business associates, or other personal contacts
- Providing 24-hour security for high-profile individuals, including during social events and business trips
- Surveillance of clients’ homes and workplaces to identify potential threats and develop security plans to address them
- Performing security checks at building or other site entrances to ensure that only authorized individuals are admitted
- Escorting clients to public events, such as fundraisers or award ceremonies, where security may be increased due to the presence of high-profile individuals.
- Serving as a physical barrier between the client and potential threats such as protesters or aggressive media members
- Coordination with local law enforcement to ensure that security plans are followed and that any incidents are handled appropriately.
- Monitoring alarms and surveillance equipment at a client’s home and responding to any alerts or emergencies
- Conducting background checks on clients to ensure they are not a danger to the client’s safety
Skills and Requirements of BodyGuard Job
To become a bodyguard, you must have the following skills or qualifications;
Personal bodyguards usually have a high school diploma. Some employers may prefer a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, security management, or a related field.
Training & Experience
Personal bodyguards typically receive on-the-job training from their employers. Instruction on the client’s daily routine, preferred modes of transportation, and select routes may be included in this training.
The bodyguard may also become acquainted with the client’s family members and any special requirements they may have. The bodyguard may also be trained in the client’s preferred means of protection, such as firearms or self-defense.
Certifications & Licenses
Personal bodyguards must obtain a license to work in their field. Each state has its licensing process, but most require personal bodyguards to have completed a certain number of hours of training in first aid, CPR, and basic life support.
Salary and Outlook Of BodyGuard Jobs In USA
The average annual salary of bodyguards in the USA ranges from $42,665 ($20.51/hour) to $81,000 ($38.94/hour)
Personal bodyguard employment is expected to grow faster than average over the next decade.
Bodyguards are expected to become more popular as wealthy and famous people hire them to protect their privacy and safety. Bodyguards will be required to accompany celebrities, business leaders, and other high-profile individuals when they travel or attend high-risk events or functions.
Benefits Of BodyGuard Job In USA
Having this type of job in the USA will yield you lots of benefits such as;
- Dental Insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- VISA sponsorship.
Where To Find BodyGuard Jobs In USA
The world has become a global village, and most businesses are taking advantage of this fact. They use the internet’s increased reach to find the best talent for their company.
As a result, if you want to get a job as soon as possible in this century, you should apply online.
There are numerous websites where you can apply for doorman jobs in the United States. These are some of the websites:
How To Apply for BodyGuard jobs in USA
Nowadays, with the global unemployment rate constantly rising, it is difficult to find work due to the high competition rate. However, with the proper preparation, you can obtain a Body Guard job in the United States with a VISA sponsorship.
To apply for such positions, follow the steps outlined below.
- Acquire all of the necessary skills and certifications to be hired for this position in the United States.
- Then, prepare a very good resume with the appropriate keywords to be chosen by the recruiting firm.
- Next, go to any of the websites listed above and search for “Body Guard jobs in the United States with Visa sponsorship.”
- After visiting the major company websites, filter your results based on your preferences.
- You can Submit your application now.
If you are fully qualified for this job, you will be invited by the recruiting firm for an interview.
Interview Questions for BodyGuard jobs In USA
The next step to take after applying for a job is to prepare for an interview. If you followed the steps above, you should be confident that you will get the best results. Here are some interview questions to expect;
- Are you comfortable working with firearms?
- What do you think are some of the most important skills every bodyguard should have?
- How would you react if you see your clients look alike approaching him/her?
- Do you have any forms of experience with first aid?
- Give us an example of a time when you used your negotiation skills to resolve a conflict.
Where To Work as a BodyGuard
As a bodyguard, you will work in any of the following places;
- Residential buildings or offices of government officials or influential people.
- Business premises, etc
VISA Required for BodyGuard jobs In USA
The H2B visa is the best type of visa for this occupation. This visa type allows employers to temporarily hire nonimmigrants to perform nonagricultural labor or services in the United States. The job must be temporary and for a limited time.
However, the H1B VISA requires you to have a specialized degree like a bachelor’s degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can Sponsor Me for a Job In USA?
To obtain a sponsorship employment visa, you must have an offer from a US employer. The US employer must be willing to send you a contract to sign, which will be included in the sponsorship paperwork. The Department of Labor requires a Labor Certification for some nonimmigrant visas.
Do US Companies Sponsor Visa?
Yes, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires American businesses to sponsor non-citizens. Companies that are having difficulty filling positions often turn to the H1B Visa to sponsor a nonimmigrant worker.
Who Qualifies for Visa Sponsorship?
You must be at least 18 years old and a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. You must be a resident of the United States or a United States territory or possession. This usually means that you must live in the United States, or a territory or possession of the United States, to be a sponsor.
CHECK THIS OUT: