Binance US Login. One of the crypto industry’s most popular exchanges is redoubling efforts to sweep U.S. users of its platform. Binance is threatening a hard deadline to herd United States users off its original exchange platform (not to be confused with Binance US, which is legally open to U.S. residents). Email notices sent to U.S. users give them 14 days to withdraw funds before Binance shutters their accounts for good.
The notice read “As we constantly perform periodic sweeps of our existing controls, we noted that you are trying to access Binance while having identified yourself as a U.S. person.
Binance US Login
The Block noted the bans appear to be based on IP addresses. However, at least one U.S. user who never underwent know-your-customer (KYC) identity verification has not received a notice of account closure from Binance.
Upon registering for Binance, users have the option to defer KYC measures that would reveal their identities in exchange for lower daily deposit and withdrawal maximums. Additionally, it’s not clear whether Binance cross-checked the physical location users claimed when signing up with their IP addresses.
How To Open Your Binance Us Account
- Visit binance.us and click “Sign Up Now”
- Enter your email address, password, check the box and click Create account
- Move the puzzle piece to its appropriate location to go to the next step
- Binance US will send you a verification email to the email address provided. Click the confirmation link in the email and log in again
- Click “Deposit” to start moving funds from your binance.com account to binance.us account
- You will have to provide verification before Binance US allows you to deposit and withdraw funds. Click “Basic Verification” to proceed
Note that if you are a resident of Alabama, Alaska, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, New York, North Carolina, Texas, Vermont, or Washington, you will not be able to use a Binance.us account. If this is the case, we recommend transferring your funds from binance.com to another wallet of your choosing.
- Fill out the basic verification datasheet and select “Submit”
- After successful verification of your identity, your binance.us account should be ready to use. When you first log in to your account, you will be asked to set up two-factor authentication.
- Once you go through the above steps, you will finally be able to access your Binance US dashboard!
Binance opened its U.S. exchange at the end of 2019 after U.S. regulators put pressure on the exchange to shut down access to U.S. denizens. Its team has been attempting to geo-block U.S. users since July of 2019, though it has ramped up efforts recently to make a final sweep.