Pre-workout exercises are an essential part of any fitness routine as they help to warm up the body, activate the muscles, and prepare you for your workout. These exercises are designed to be done before your main workout and can help to improve your performance, reduce the risk of injury, and increase your range of motion. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best pre-workout exercises to do every day and discuss their importance.
Importance of Pre Workout Exercises
Pre workout exercises are an essential part of any fitness routine. They help prepare your body for the upcoming workout and minimize the risk of injury. Here are some of the key benefits of pre-workout exercises:
Increased Blood Flow
Pre-workout exercises can help increase blood flow to your muscles, which can improve your performance during the workout. This is because increased blood flow brings more oxygen and nutrients to your muscles, which can help them work more efficiently.
Pre-workout exercises help warm up your body, which can prevent injury. When you start exercising without warming up, your muscles are cold, and your body is not prepared for the activity, which can lead to muscle strains or other injuries.
Pre-workout exercises can help improve your flexibility, which can reduce your risk of injury. Stretching before a workout can help increase your range of motion and make it easier to perform exercises correctly.
Pre-workout exercises can help prepare you mentally for the workout ahead. Taking a few minutes to focus on your breathing and get in the right mindset can help you perform better and stay motivated during the workout.
Overall, pre-workout exercises are crucial for maximizing your performance and minimizing the risk of injury. Make sure to include a warm-up and some stretching in your pre-workout routine, and take the time to mentally prepare for your workout.
Pre Workout Stretches That Will Warm You Up for Any Routine
Some of the top pre-workout stretches you can do before your workout sessions are;
- Child’s pose
- Down dog to runner’s lounge
- Bird-dog crunch
- Donkey kick
- Cat-cow pose
Below, we give descriptions of how best these exercises can be done;
Here’s how the child’s pose should be performed;
- Kneel on your mat with your knees hip-distance apart and your feet together behind you.
- Inhale deeply, then exhale by laying your torso over your thighs, pressing your buttocks into your heels, and reaching your arms forward.
- Consider drawing your ribs away from your tailbone and the crown of your head away from your shoulders to lengthen your neck and spine.
- Place your brow on the mat.
- Hold your breath for three full breaths.
Down Dog to Runner’s Lunge
Here’s how this exercise should be performed;
- Begin on your hands and knees, with your hands beneath your shoulders and your knees beneath your hips.
- Spread your hands wide and press your index and middle fingers into the floor.
- Raise your tailbone and press your buttocks up and back, drawing your hips to the ceiling. Straighten your legs as much as you can and gently press your heels into the floor. Your head should be positioned between your arms, facing your knees, with your back flat.
- Step your right foot outside your right hand, then pause and shift your weight forward into a plank.
- Raise your torso to perform a low lunge. Squeeze your glutes to increase the stretch in the hip of your back leg. This is one repetition.
- Do three slow controlled reps and switch sides;
Follow these steps to perform the bird dog crunch;
- Begin in a tabletop position on your hands and knees, with your wrists stacked under your shoulders and your knees stacked under your hips.
- Maintain a flat back and hips in line with the floor by extending your left arm forward and your right leg back. Consider driving your foot against the wall behind you.
- Squeeze your abs and bring your left elbow and right knee together near your midsection.
- Reverse the motion and extend your arm and leg again. Throughout the exercise, keep your right foot flexed. This is one repetition.
- Perform three slow and controlled reps on each side, followed by a five-second hold with each arm and leg extension.
To perform the donkey kick, follow the steps below;
- Begin on all fours, with your knees under your hips, wrists under your shoulders, and core engaged.
- Kick your right leg up toward the ceiling, keeping your knee bent and right foot flexed. At the top, take a breather. If you feel this in your lower back, make sure your spine is neutral and not arching.
- For one rep, return your right knee to the floor.
- On one leg, do five slow and controlled reps. Rep on the opposite side.
To do the cat-cow pose, follow the steps below;
- Begin in a tabletop position, with your shoulders directly over your wrists and your hips directly over your knees.
- Inhale slowly, then exhale by rounding your spine, dropping your head to the floor, and lifting your belly button to the ceiling. This is known as the cat pose.
- Lift your head, chest, and tailbone toward the ceiling on the next inhale, arching your lower back. This is a cow stance.
- Three slow and controlled reps are required.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Things I Should Not Do Before Exercise?
Here are some of the things you shouldn’t do before an exercise;
- Don’t overeat right before working out.
- Start exercising with a goal in mind.
- Avoid static stretching prior to your workout.
- Don’t consume alcoholic beverages.
- Drink plenty of water.
What Not to Do Immediately After Exercise?
Some of the things not to do after workouts are;
- Forgetting to hydrate
- Not eating anything after your workout.
- AFTER A WORKOUT, YOU EAT TOO MUCH.
- forgetting to stretch.
- Neither clean your space nor rerack your weights.
- Think that because you worked out, you can be lazy the rest of the day.
What Should Be Avoid During Gym?
- Excessive training
- Neither warming up nor cooling down
- Continuing with the same workout
- skipping strength training.
- not stretching.
- Not giving yourself enough time to rest and recover.
CHECK OUT ALSO:
- Best Pre-Workout Supplements for Weight Loss
- Best Knee Support Products – What to Look for in a Knee Support Product
- Best Fat Burner Supplement – Can Fat Burner Supplement Help to Improve Energy Level After Taking?
- Gorilla Mode Pre Workout Review
- Best Yoga For Weight Loss: Top Yoga Poses for Weight Loss