Want to know about the audio description for Netflix? Then you are in the right place as this article is for you to gain more insight into the audio description for Netflix. First off, Audio Description is an optional narration that describes what is happening on screen, including physical actions, facial expressions, costumes, settings, and scene changes.
It is available for most Netflix original titles and many other TV shows and movies. Netflix has been steadily increasing its audio-described offerings, it has also been improving access to that content across all apps and its website regardless of the browser in use.
Audio Description for Netflix
The audio description for Netflix is quite exciting. Just imagine the concept of driving your car while enjoying a movie on your phone just became a lot safer. In other words, Netflix audio description can turn your favorite movies and shows into audiobooks that you can listen to anywhere.
Just like how closed captions communicate important auditory information via text to deaf and hard of hearing viewers, an audio description is an audio track that describes relevant visual information on the screen so that blind viewers can understand what is happening in the video.
Additionally, people who are on the Autism spectrum and those who are auditory learners have been shown to benefit from audio description, as well.
How to turn on/off Audio Description on Netflix
Below are the guidelines to turn off your Netflix audio description;
- Open the Netflix app or webpage and select Netflix Settings from the home screen.
- From there, go to the General Settings section and select “Accessibility.”
- Now, you need to choose “Audio descriptions” in Accessibility settings.
- There you will see a toggle; all you have to do is turn the toggle switch OFF to disable Audio Descriptions in Netflix.
- Then, go back to Netflix home page/ app and start playing any TV show or movie.
- While the TV show is still playing, click anywhere on the app screen.
- Select the dialog button found in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now, go to the “Audio” option and ensure it does not contain Audio Description.
- Once you have ensured that you have turned OFF Audio Descriptions well, tap “Done”.
- Play the movie or the TV shows for the next five minutes to save the new settings. You can get more details here.
How to Fix Issue with the Netflix Audio Description
Below are the steps to fixing any Netflix audio description issues you might experience;
- Open Netflix on a device, and begin playing a show that you know has audio-description.
- Pause the video, and move the scrubber bar to zero
- Select Audio and Subtitle Options.
- Make sure audio-description is turned on for your preferred language, and closed-captions are turned off.
- Press the close button.
- Resume playing for five minutes.
- After five minutes of a show playing with audio-description running, press the back to browse button.
- Your preferred settings are now saved to your account across all of your devices. You can get more details on how to fix your Netflix audio description by clicking here.
Audio Description offers people the possibility of listening to their favorite shows and movies instead of watching them. As people begin to realize this, hopefully, we’ll start to see a lot more titles with audio descriptions as popular demand for it grows. You can get more details about the audio description for Netflix here.