Heard of the android 11 custom Rom yet? If you haven’t, then I urge you to read this article and all of its entirety. Before I go any further in telling you what I have got in store for you about the android 11 custom ROM, I have a basic question for you. Well, I called the question basic because it is something that we all should know about, especially those android enthusiasts. Well if you do not know what it is or you are new in the game, here is the meaning of a custom ROM. A custom ROM is essentially a firmware that is based on the Android source code provided by Google. So you see a custom ROM has got everything to do with android since it is a productivity tool provided by Google.
Android 11 Custom ROM
Some persons just go about getting mobile phones without knowing anything essential and basic about such devices. Well if you are one of these persons here is a real chance of learning about something important about your android device. The android 11 OS has finally made its journey to the stable build. As you all know, android 11 is the latest iteration of Android. And as you may also know, this version of android is not yet available in all the android devices as of yet, but however, it is available for some android devices.
It may also interest you to know the custom ROM development is already available and running for most android devices. With the release and availability of the new android 11 OS come a lot of features and upgrades. This is not something new, as it was largely expected. This new Android OS was developed with three main aspects of the thought of Google and they are, the people, privacy, and control. In the course of this article, I will be making a list of some of the noteworthy features of the android 11 and how you could get the android 11 custom ROM on your device.
Android 11 Features
Just as mentioned earlier, the introduction and availability of the android 11 OS comes with a lot of upgrades and improvements. Surely we are going to be seeing a lot of things that other OS never had. Also, we are going to be a whole lot of upgrades to what has already been around. Some of the new and noteworthy features of the android 11 include;
- Notification history.
- Chat bubbles.
- Screen recorder.
- Media controls.
- Smart device controls and so many more.
These are just about some of the features of android 11. There are also some other features that may seem small but yet effective. Like for one, the android 11 has a feature that lets you schedule dark mode based on the time of the day. We all know the dark mode has been therefore sometime now, therefore this is just an upgrade and it is a welcomed one. Other features include the ability of users to pin their favorite apps to the share sheet, a revamped screenshot share menu, and also the ability to copy texts right from the overview screen of recent apps.
How To Install The Android 11 Custom Rom On Your Smartphone
The installation process of the android 11 custom ROM on your device is kind of technical if you are new to it. But on the other hand, if you are a developer, this shouldn’t cause you any form of trouble. Below are the installation steps;
- After downloading the AOSP custom ROM to your device, connect it to your PC via a USB cable.
- On your PC, go to the tools folder and enter CMD in the address bar. Hit the enter button and this action will launch a command prompt.
- Now, you will have to enter the command (ADB reboot recovery) to boot your device to a TWRP recovery.
- After your device as booted head over to wipe. Tap on the advanced wipe tab and select ‘Dalvik cache, system, vendor, and data. You will then have to perform a right swipe to wipe out the selected partitions.
- After doing that successfully, head back to the TWRP home screen and select the install tab.
- Go to the AOSP Android 11 custom ROM and select it.
- Perform a right swap to flash the file.
- After doing that, head over again to install. This time you will also have to flash the GApps package. This is however optional.
- Lastly, you will now have to reboot your system or device to the Android 11 OS.
That’s it. When you follow the steps above correctly, you will have no issue with installing the android 11 custom ROM on your device.