Have you heard of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships 2023 for African Students? African students who wish to study in the UK face a number of financial obstacles, including tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs. This post is for you.
Fortunately, scholarships like the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships at SOAS University of London can help to alleviate these financial pressures. However, keep reading as we will take a closer look at the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships, including the eligibility requirements, the application process, and benefits.
Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships
Allan and Nesta Ferguson, are offering up to Two (2) awards to successfully selected Candidates, these awards have a total value of £32,500.00 each which covers the student’s tuition fees. Furthermore, in a situation whereby the tuition fees are less than this amount, the remainder will be paid out to the student directly.
However, the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships are offered by SOAS University of London to African students who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree in any field offered at the university. The scholarships are named after Allan and Nesta Ferguson, who have been generous donors to the university for many years.
Eligibility Requirements for SOAS University of London Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships
To be eligible for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of an African country and must also be residents of an African country.
- Have an undergraduate degree with a minimum grade equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours.
- Have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time master’s degree program at SOAS University of London.
- Applicant must be resident in low-income or lower-middle-income countries and preferably from low-income households
- Candidate must have an undergraduate degree at the first-class level
Application Process for the SOAS University of London Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships
The application process for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships is as follows:
- Apply for admission to a full-time master’s degree program at SOAS University of London: www.soas.ac.uk/admissions/pg/howtoapply/
- Apply for the scholarship using the online scholarship application form, which can be found on the SOAS website at forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id
- Submit all required supporting documents, including transcripts, references, and a personal statement.
- The Application Deadline for the 2023 Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships is 01 June 2023.
- However, you can visit the official website for more information: www.soas.ac.uk/study/student-life/finance/scholarships/allan-and-nesta-ferguson-scholarships
Benefits of the SOAS University of London Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships
There are lots of benefits to enjoy in this program. However, the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships provide the following benefits:
- A contribution towards tuition fees, including any mandatory fieldwork fees.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation and food.
- Plus an allowance to cover travel costs to and from the UK.
- A grant to cover visa application fees.
- The total value of the scholarship is $32,500.
Furthermore, the selection process for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships is highly competitive.
However, the applicants are assessed on the basis of academic merit, as well as their potential to make a positive contribution to their home country after completing their studies.
Moreover, an invitation for an interview maybe be sent to only shortlisted candidates
Tips for a successful application
To increase your chances of being awarded the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship, here are some tips:
- Start the application process early, as it can take time to gather all the required documents.
- Be sure to submit a strong personal statement that showcases your academic achievements and future goals.
- Provide strong letters of recommendation from academic or professional referees who know you well.
- Clearly articulate how you plan to use your degree to make a positive impact in your home country.
The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships provide a valuable opportunity for African students who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree at SOAS University of London. However, by covering tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs. These scholarships can help to remove some of the financial barriers that prevent many African students from studying in the UK.
Furthermore, if you meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in applying, be sure to start the application process early and provide a strong application that demonstrates your academic merit.
Who is eligible for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships?
The scholarships are available to nationals of and residents in an African country, who have an undergraduate degree with a minimum grade equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours, and have an offer of admission to a full-time masters
How much is the scholarship worth?
The scholarship is worth $32,500.
What does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, travel costs, and visa application fees.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
You can apply for the scholarship using the online scholarship application form, which can be found on the SOAS website.
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline for the 2023 Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships is 01 June 2023. So, hurry and apply now.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- Ferguson Scholarships 2023 for African Students – How to Apply!
- SOAS Postgraduate Scholarship 2022/2023 – How to Apply for SOAS Postgraduate Scholarship
- SOAS University of London Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarship 2023 – Up to $5000 Study Grant
- The University of London Ph.D. Scholarship – Study In the UK
- International Postgraduate Scholarship 2023: $5000 Fee Waiver (Study at SOAS University of London)