The African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition is the Bank’s 4th African Youth Agripreneurs Forum (AYAF) a platform for Africa’s youth who are interested in the agriculture startup scene.
AgriPitch Competition 2022 For Entrepreneurs Globally
The AgriPitch Competition 2022 will be held Virtually In line with the theme of the year. The African Development Bank, through the 2022 Virtual Investor Dealroom, aims to create access to capital and markets which are usually a major Challenge for youth agripreneurs to deal with in terms of advancing their businesses.
Additionally, AgriPitch Competition is organised to support agripreneurs by focusing on building the bankability of their businesses and ensuring that they are pitch ready for potential investors.
Successfully selected Entrepreneurs will be coached and mentored in an interactive and tailored two-week training to review, prepare and present their businesses for capital raising from investors.
Summary of African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition
- Type of program: Entrepreneurs
- Organization: African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: November 4, 2022
Brief History of African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
African Development Bank (AfDB) was established to promote both economic and social development efforts on the African continent.
The bank comprises three entities namely; the African Development Bank (AfDB) which is the parent institution, created following an agreement signed by 23 founding member states on August 14, 1963 in Khartoum, Sudan.
The African Development Fund (ADF) being one of the entities was established in 1972 by the African Development Bank and 13 non-African countries.
Also Read: Average Credit Score by Income
Benefits of Participating in the African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition
The AgriPitch Competition will have the Winning SMEs access a total grant of USD $140,000.
How to Apply for African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition?
To apply for the AfDB AgriPitch Competition:
- Visit the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) on: https://applications.privateequity-support.com/accounts/login/?next=/agripitch/agriculture-window/application/
Eligibility Criteria for African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition Qualification
For Early Start-ups from 0-3 years:
- Applicants who are at the very early stage of developing ideas/concepts for agripreneurship or a newly established business are eligible
- A clearly defined prototype or proof of concept is required
- Ideal Applicant May or may not have had any products introduced to the market.
- Applicant May not have a registered corporate entity.
For Mature Start-ups above 3 years:
- Eligible to apply are Individuals and firms with existing market traction: technology, product or service, already in the market.
- The startup must have a clear investment growth plan/strategy.
- The Start-up Must be a registered corporate entity.
- Meet the requirements for either Early Start-ups or Mature Start-ups.
- Company’s that are 51% owned by women or founded by a woman.
Documents Required for Application
- National ID card / passport
- Company registration document
- Company brochure
- Summary business plan
- Business licences
- Company profile
- Financial statements
- Marketing materials
- Pitch deck
November 4, 2022.