Ads on Tiktok has become popular with marketer because of its daily increase in users. In this article let’s see how brands use TikTok for their ads. The question here remains since this app is new can one advertise on Tiktok? In this article, I will elaborate on Ads on Tiktok, how businesses can advertise on the Tiktok app. Keep reading on.
What is the TikTok ad?
Tiktok is majorly a video-sharing app that was launched in 2017 by a Chinese developer ByteDance. The owner of Tiktok later acquired the Musical.ly app, which was popular at that time. These two apps were emerged to become a single app the brought about the name Tiktok.
However, mostly youth and youngsters especially patronize the app. According to reports, the average number of users of the app ranges from age 18-24. Tiktok is used mostly by women more than men. So if you are considering to take advantage of Tiktok ads, have it in mind that your audience are averagely between the age of 18 – 30 maximally.
Also, videos designed on TikTok last up to 15 seconds but users can post longer videos by stringing those clips together to make stories of up to 60 seconds long that one minute. If any users have up to 1000 followers such an account can publish longer Tiktok videos.
Are TikTok ads good for business?
The Targeted Audience
The outcome of TikTok ads basically depends on knowing who your targeted audiences are. If your audiences are adults and your services are bank account-related or hosting platform. TikTok app is not cool for such a market. But If you offer services for youth then hit the target and get hot feedback. TikTok is made of mostly youth users.
TikTok Advertising Budget
The cost of advertising on Tiktok is high. This is because the app is still new and most of its ads are rare and few. For now, small businesses are not seen advertising on Tiktok. But big businesses are the ones that have made ways on the Tiktok ads campaign so far. Any small can try Tiktok advert since it’s still unique.
Quality Visual Marketing content and skills
You have to publish unique and good quality visual content on Tiktok to share. Your business has to create quality videos that can represent your brand or product in a way Tiktokers would accept. This is because Tiktok is all about video sharing, and almost all users share their content on the Tiktok platform.
How Much Does it Cost to Advertise on TikTok?
Tiktok ads as earlier mentioned are expensive than every other social media ad. However, since it’s new and still rare, this affects its ad price. The cost on the average is $10 per CPM and can go higher to $300,000 as the ad campaign gets larger. These ads worth the cost if only users can meet all the requirements because it will bring great and positive recognition and change to your business.
How to Advertise on TikTok
Here are the steps to make Tiktok ads:
Sign Up for a Tiktok Account.
Get to the Tiktok ads page and sign in to start your ad campaign. If you don’t have anyone create obe by clicking on the “Sign Up” button.
Create An Ad campaign.
Upon signing in you will be given a dashboard which you can draft new ads as d keep track of the ad campaign. Follow the steps below to create your first ad. Go to the Tiktok ad dashboard, click on the “Campaign tab” at the top of the page. Next, click on the “create” button. Choose a campaign goal (App install, conversions, and Traffic). Next, set a name for your campaign. Define the ad campaign budget (daily budget or Total budget option). The minimum amount of the budget should be $500 for both the daily budget and the total budget.
Set or Define Your ad Position and Targets.
This defines the position of your ad. Where you want the da to show up between stores or on their Tiktok videos feed. Or leave it for Tiktok to determine where to place your ad. Next, is to set exactly whom you want to the Das to be shown. Set parameters did location, age, gender, language interest, devices, and more.
Choose The Budget And Schedule The Ad
Set if you will payday or totally at the end of the campaign.
Set The Budget Placing
choose the ad campaign goal. The ad goal determines your purpose you want to achieve with the ads you run.
Design The Tiktok Ad
Customize your ad and design how you would like it to be arranged
What Are The Different Types of TikTok Ads?
In TikTok, the different types of ads vary on the function and location of the ads to be displayed on the app. There are a few types of TikTok ads users choose on the app. Here are different ad types on TikTok:
- Brand Takeovers. This type of ads pops up when users open the app
- Native Video Ads. They are placed either at the button of the TikTok video or are place in between the video queue. It directs to your apps or website.
- Video challenge with hashtags. Here the Tiktok’s marketing team will generate a unique has tag challenge for you. Also, encourage users to participate in the challenge by making relevant Tiktok videos and using your hashtag under them.
- Branded Filters and Lenses. Just like on Snapchat AR filters and on Instagram, Tiktok has similar filters and Lenses. Your brand can use its own face filters, 3D objects, and more to users when used by Tiktokers it can lead to your brand’s popularity and engagement.
More Related Posts
- How Apple Changes May Significantly Limit Your Marketing Efforts: Facebook Marketing | Facebook Ads
- Facebook Ads Library Review: How to view Facebook Ads Library
- What Is Facebook Audience Network: Facebook Audience Network | Facebook For Business
- Facebook Ad Cost: Advertising On Facebook | Facebook Advertising
- Facebook Ads Library: How to See Your Competitors Ads On Facebook | How Facebook Decides On Ads To Show You