What is YouTube watch later? YouTube watch later is a feature on the YouTube platform. and this feature is very unique and interesting. If you want to know more about this feature you will need to continue reading and I promise you won’t regret getting to know about it. This feature is not a hidden feature on the platform. Therefore it just might be that you have come across this feature before but it’s just that you don’t know what it is. Luckily for you, you are reading this piece at this very moment and it promises to be very interesting.
YouTube Watch Later
Now enough of the dilly-dallying, what is YouTube watch later? Normally when browsing through the YouTube platform you always come across videos that you don’t want to watch at the moment but would really love to watch them at a later time maybe in the near future. Now the question here is what do you do if you ever find yourself in such a situation? This is where the YouTube watch later feature comes in. and just as the name implies, this feature helps users save videos on the platform to watch later.
As a YouTube user, you can see this feature as a designated playlist, a special place where you get to save videos for future references. The watch later feature is more like the playlist feature. One of the few differences is that it is easier to add a video to watch later than to add a video to a playlist. You can add a video to the watch later folder without even opening the video or going to the video page. Many YouTube users already have a watch later list on the platform because they know how to go about it. If on the other hand, you don’t know how to do this, in a bit I will be guiding you on how o add and remove videos from this list.
How To Add And Remove Videos From The Watch Later List On YouTube
Adding and removing videos from this list is easy and I will be guiding through the steps and processes of doing this. Doing this is easy and I don’t know if I have mentioned this already in the course of this article. Therefore if I haven’t mentioned this, then there you have it. To add and remove videos from this list;
- While watching a video, app on the add or plus icon at the top right corner of the video and select the watch later playlist.
- If you are going through the videos list, tap the menu icon next to the video title. Select the watch later tab and that’s it.
To remove a video;
- Go to the library folder by tapping on the library icon.
- Choose watch later from the library page.
- Next to the video you want to remove, tap the menu icon.
- Next, tap on remove from watch later and then tap on OK to confirm.
- To add a video to watch later whilst the video is playing. Click on the add icon and click on watch later.
- To add a video while browsing through the YouTube feed. Click on the watch later icon looking like a stopwatch to add to watch later.
- Lastly, to remove a video from the watch later list. Open the watch later folder and click on the ‘X’ icon next to it.
How To Access The YouTube Watch Later Feature
Now that you have learned how to remove and add videos to this feature. Do you know how to access this feature on the platform? The YouTube watch later feature is more like a folder and every video you add to this feature is saved to his folder. Whenever you want to watch the videos you have saved to this feature, this is the folder you will need to find in order to access them. To access this feature;
- Go to youtube.com.
- From the sidebar, click on library.
- Scroll down the drop-down until you see the watch later option and section.
On this page, you will find all the videos you have saved to it. And can randomly select a video to watch. This action will however open only the video page and play that specific video.