What is a YouTube playlist? Do you know how to create one? Is creating a YouTube playlist free or, I have to pay for it? If I want to create one, do I need an account or a YouTube channel? So many questions, yet so simple answers. All these and many more of your questions will be answered in the course of this article. But in order to get the desired information, you know what to do right? If you don’t have the slightest clue as to what to do, here it is. All you need to get the information you need is to continue reading this piece.
What is a playlist on YouTube? YouTube playlist is simply a collection of videos on YouTube that play in a specific order. Anyone can create a playlist on YouTube for free. You don’t have to pay for it. This is one of the features on YouTube that is available and accessible for free for all users. You can create one or multiple playlists. You can choose to create these playlists for your personal pleasure of you can share with the rest of the YouTube community. Playlists on YouTube are not made for videos alone as you can also create a playlist for songs and audios on the platform. In a short time I will be guiding you on how to create a YouTube playlist, so don’t go nowhere.
How To Create A YouTube Playlist
Creating a playlist on YouTube just as I have established already is simple and easy. The steps are self-explanatory, but if you haven’t done this before you may need guidance. To create a YouTube playlist;
- Go to YouTube on your internet-enabled device.
- If you are not signed in to your Google account you may have to sign in by selecting the sign-in tab at the top right corner of the YouTube page. Enter your login details in the login field to login to your account.
- Locate the video you want to add to your playlist and select it.
- Select the save button below the video.
- From the drop-down menu, select the +create new playlist option from the list of options.
- Enter a name for your newly created playlist and choose the privacy option for the playlist, public, unlisted, or private. The public option will make your playlist available and accessible to all users. Unlisted will only give access to users with a direct link to it. Private on the other hand will give you only, access to it.
- When you are done, click on the create button or tab
Do the same for other videos you want to add to your playlist, but this time your playlist will be shown from the drop-down options. To, therefore, add a video to your created playlist, select the checkbox beside it to add the video to it.
How To Access The YouTube Playlist Page
Accessing the playlist page on this platform is easy. With just a few clicks you will find yourself on your YouTube playlist. To access your very own playlist,
- Go to youtube.com.
- Click on the menu icon in the top left corner of the YouTube page and choose library.
- Just below the library option, you will find the name of your new playlist and any other playlist you have created. Chose the playlist of your choice to go to the playlist page.
If you are making use of the YouTube app, on the other hand, select your profile icon in the top right corner and select my channel. Below your channel name, you will find a labeled section called created playlists. From this place, you will find your playlist.