What is YouTube money? With the term ‘YouTube money’, does it mean that YouTube has its own hard currency? Or is the YouTube money digital like cryptocurrency? So many ideas and insinuations about the term ‘YouTube money’. But the term actually is different from any of the above. The term YouTube money’ simply entails the money you make from YouTube. And I bet you never knew that you can actually make money from the YouTube platform. As a person, you can make money from YouTube. I mean anyone can make money from one of the best if not the best video sharing platform in the world. And in this article, you will be learning everything you need to know about YouTube money and how you can make money from and on the platform.
Do you know that you can make money or earn money from YouTube? YouTube is one of the best video sharing platform in the world. And I have expressed this over and over again in my YouTube articles. On this platform, you don’t just get to watch and stream videos. There are actually other things you can do with your time on the platform and one of these things is making money. Just as I used to express about the platform being a video sharing platform. do you know what it actually means? If you have ever gone through any of my articles on YouTube, then you should know what it means for the platform to be a video sharing platform.
A video-sharing platform like YouTube is a platform or a place where you get to watch videos shared by other users or upload your very own videos. Or what do you think? Do you think that the videos you enjoy on YouTube are provided to you by YouTube? No, that’s not true. Just like a market place like Alibaba. Alibaba just provides a platform where buyers and sellers meet, but they don’t sell any of the products. In this same manner, the videos on YouTube are shared. The videos on the platform are uploaded by users all over the world. YouTube on the other hand just provides the platform and place. It’s that easy and simple.
The users that upload videos on YouTube however are rewarded by the YouTube monetization policy, which you will get to learn here also. There is a program on YouTube called the YouTube partner program. And to start earning on the platform you will need to apply for and be accepted into this program. When you have been accepted into this program, you will ten start earning money on the platform. But before that here are some things you need to know about the whole process.
What You Need To Know To Start Earning On YouTube
Earning on YouTube is actually cool and a lot of internet users are already making use of this great opportunity. And if on the other hand, you are out there and would love to earn your own money on the platform, it is high time you enroll in the YouTube partner program now. Before you start earning on this platform, you will first need to meet up with some criteria and requirements. Then and only then will you be eligible to be accepted into this program.
YouTube will not tell you what to create or what type of videos to post to be rewarded or accepted into the program. That part is up to you and in the course of this article, you will be learning of the Eligibility requirements. You will have to create a channel on the platform with which you will use to share your content and your channel will also be scrutinized before you can be accepted into the program. There are some policies and guidelines you will have to meet up with in order to be accepted. Also here is something you need to know. You may be liable to pay taxes from your earnings on the platform based on your local laws and regulations.
Ways To Make Money Via The YouTube Partner Program
Before you can start making money on the YouTube platform, you will have to first enroll in the YouTube partner program and be accepted. Once you have been accepted into the program, you can then proceed to making money on the platform. There are five major ways through which you can make money from YouTube and they are through;
- Advertising revenue. With this type of means of making money on YouTube, you get paid or generate revenue from video ads, display, and overlay ads. This is one of the most popular means of making money on this platform.
- Channel membership. When you create a channel on this platform. Users that subscribe to your said channel will have to make recurring payments on a regular base, maybe monthly in exchange for special perks that you offer them.
- Merchandise shelf. You make money from this method when your fans purchase branded items and merchandise that is being showcased on your watch pages on YouTube.
- Super chat and super stickers. You may have seen something like this on the platform. Your fans on YouTube get to pay you to get their messages highlighted in beautiful chat streams.
- YouTube premium: when a YouTube premium subscriber watches your content on the platform, you get to keep a part of their subscription fee.
These are the main ways of getting or making money on YouTube. Here is something you also need to know. Each of these features and means of making money on the platform has its own eligibility requirements
YouTube Monetization Requirements
The eligibility requirements on YouTube are based on subscribers and count requirements. Each of the features of making money on YouTube listed above can be turned on if you wish. But you may not be able to turn on some of these features. And one of the reasons you may not be able to do this is based on the reviewer’s verdict. Another very important reason is that YouTube on its own part will have to meet with the legal requirements in regions where the feature is made available. Below are the eligibility requirements to turn on monetization on YouTube;
- Ad revenue – you must be 18 years and above or have a legal guardian who can help with the handling of your payments on the platform via AdSense. Lastly, you must create content that meets with the YouTube advertiser-friendly contents guidelines here.
- Channel memberships – you must 18 years and above. You also must have more than 30, 000 YouTube subscribers.
- Merchandise shelf – you must have more than 10, 000 subscribers and you also must be 18 years and older.
- Super chat and super stickers – Be at least 18 years and older and you also must be living in a region or country where the super chat feature is available.
- YouTube premium revenue – All you need to do is to create content that can be watched by a YouTube premium subscriber.
These are the eligibility requirements needed to turn on monetization features on YouTube. Also, note that you may be required to pay taxes to your residence or country on income. And funds earned on the YouTube platform.