What to do When your Home Insurance Claim is Denied. If your home insurance claim is denied, you can file an appeal if you are not satisfied with the reason why your claim was denied.
In this article, you will be given tips on what to do if this happens to you and how to appeal a claim denial.
What to do When your Home Insurance Claim is Denied
Most people insure their homes so they can get coverage when the home gets damaged or their property gets stolen. Filing a home insurance claim ensures that your insurance company pays you to repair your home or replace personal property.
It can be frustrating when after filing this claim, it is denied by your insurance company. If you are in this situation, follow the tips outlined in this article.
Understand What Your Insurance Policy Covers
Understanding what your policy covers will save you from the disappointment of a denied claim. If you file a claim for a property that your policy does not cover, there is every chance that the claim will be denied.
Perhaps, the denied claim is a result of a misunderstanding on the part of your insurer. When you know what your policy covers, you will be confident when filing an appeal.
Ask Why Your Home Insurance Claim was Being Denied
When your claim is denied, you will receive a letter from your insurance company. This is a formal letter and it will explain the reasons why your request was denied. If you can’t get the details you need from this letter, you can contact your insurance company to ask questions and get more explanation.
Sometimes, your claim may be denied due to insufficient evidence. If you are not satisfied with the explanation given by your insurer, you should get more evidence of the damage such as pictures and videos from different angles.
Get Enough Evidence
You can take more pictures and videos of the damage as proof that you are not the cause of the damage. If you want to appeal a denied claim, you need strong evidence. Some of this evidence includes pictures, videos, receipts, and lots more.
After this, you can ask your insurance company to review your claim or go ahead to appeal the claim.
How to Appeal Home Insurance Claim Denial
To appeal a denied home insurance claim, follow the steps below:
- The first thing to do if your claim was denied is to read through the denial letter sent by your insurance company. this letter will explain why your claim was denied.
- Next, you need to contact your insurance company. you can do this online or over the phone. You may be asked to send your claim evidence and documents again. Ensure you do this.
- After this, you can file an appeal with your insurance company. You can also file a complaint with your state insurance board or your insurance company. With this, the denial will be investigated.
The last option you have if your insurance company is still persistent is to involve a third-party lawyer. You can also hire a public adjuster to help appeal the denial. When hiring a lawyer or public adjuster, you should look out for one who has had success in handling similar cases.
Home Insurance Claim Denied
Why was my home Insurance claim denied? You may be wondering now. There are several factors that can lead to claim denial. When you file a claim after the deadline given in your policy, there are high chances that your request will be denied. If you don’t pay your premium on time, your claim will be denied also.
Another factor that will lead to a rejected request is when the damage was a result of negligence on your part. Lastly, your claim may be denied due to insufficient documentation and the damage not being covered by your policy.
- How to Reset a Locked Samsung Phone – Step by Step Guide
- OneClay Portal Login and Registration at www.oneclay.net
- HAC Aldine Home Access Centre Login at hac.aldineisd.org – HAC Aldine Login Portal
- Sbs.Com.Au/Activate – Activate SBS on Apple TV, Android TV, Samsung TV ON Demand
- MyProviderLink.com Pay Bill, Online Pay & Guest Pay @ www.myproviderlink.com