Many Facebook users do not actually know what a FB poke is so they tend to ask the question “What is a Facebook Poke”. Not to worry, I will be explaining what a FB poke is in this article. Also, I will be showing you how to know if you have been poked and also why you need to send a poke to someone on the FB platform.
In this article, you will get the answer to the question “What is a Facebook Poke”, all that is required of you is to continue to read this article. A FB poke is a small application on the FB app that is included in every account. This feature created room for FB users to send a signal to their friends who are also on FB.
What is a Facebook Poke
A FB poke is a feature on FB that allows FB users to send a single notification to their friends. Sending a poke to someone on FB is a way of saying hello to a friend without having to go through the rigorous process of crafting the perfect message. A poke means that someone is trying to get your attention, flood your notifications just for fun, or the person is trying to flirt with you.
Reasons why you can Send a Poke
There are a good number of reasons why you can poke someone on the FB app and I will be listing some below.
- You can send a poke to let someone know that you are thinking of him or her.
- If you want to check if a person has visited FB recently, you can send a poke.
- You can send a poke to someone so as to remind them that you are waiting on a reply or a message from them.
- If you want to say hello to someone on FB, you can send a poke.
- You can send a poke just to have fun with your friends.
These and many more are the reasons to send a poke to someone on FB.
How to Poke Someone on Facebook
Here in this section, I will be showing you how you can poke someone on the FB app.
- First, open the FB app on your device.
- Then move down to the bottom of your screen and tap on the even more button.
- Next, go to the application switch then click more. Your poke will be displayed here.
- Tap the pokes app, you will see friends who poked you recently, who you might have poked back.
- If you look at a friend’s page frequently, the Poke app will suggest you provide the person a quick poke.
This is how you can poke someone on FB.
How to Know if you have been Poked
If someone pokes you on Facebook, you will receive a notification under the bell icon for notifications. When you click on the notification it will direct you to the pokes page and you will see people who have already poked you or the people you poked back, towards the top of the screen above. You will also have the option of clicking the blue poke button so as to poke them back.