What Are Facebook Followers – Back in the day, you were either “friends” with someone on Facebook, or you weren’t. If you weren’t friends with them, their posts would never appear in your timeline. That all changed when Facebook introduced the “subscribe” feature to their platform, allowing users to subscribe to others’ posts without being “friends”.
Soon after, in 2013, the nomenclature of this feature was changed so that “subscribers” became “followers”. What started out as a digital book of faces has slowly grown into a platform that touches nearly every part of our lives from Facebook Marketplace, where users can buy and sell items, to Facebook’s job feature, which facilitates employment listings.
What Are Facebook Followers
So, what are Facebook followers? Well, Facebook followers are people who have opted-in to “follow” your profile or page, meaning that they will receive your updates in their timeline. How do you get Facebook followers?
The most common way: when people like your page, according to Facebook’s default settings, they become followers as well. The same is true for personal pages; when people become friends, they automatically begin following each other, as well.
What’s the Difference Between a Friend and a Follower?
Below is the distinct difference between a friend and a follower;
- Friend: you must approve their request to follow you/see your activity. You also get cool badges the more friends you make. If you accept their friend request, they automatically follow you and you follow them. Friends will also show up in your network in the community.
- Follower: does not need the approval to see posts, but you don’t follow them. Followers will not show up in your network in the community.
How to Get Facebook Followers
- Run Facebook Ads; If you’re trying to figure out how to get Facebook followers, the most obvious solution is Facebook ads. If Facebook users like the ad content, they’ll likely engage with the post and potentially like or follow your Facebook page.
- Invite People to Like Your Page; The easiest way to increase Facebook followers is by inviting people to like your page. The lowest-hanging fruit here is to invite your friends and family Once you start running ads for your store, Facebook will occasionally send you notifications asking you to invite people to like your page.
- Create Viral Content; on the most popular store’s Facebook page, people share memes, funny videos, and relatable quotes. People would tag their friends in the post, which usually helps increase social media engagement but also helped increase social reach.
- Host a Giveaway; Giveaways are a great way to increase Facebook likes. You can host a giveaway on your website using a tool like Rafflecopter. Share your giveaway to niche Facebook groups or forums, giveaway websites, and of course on your Facebook page.
- Post Attention Grabbing Content; If you’re trying to determine how to get Facebook likes, you might want to make sure your content stands out in feeds. Posting such content helps you get Facebook followers because of its uniqueness and appeal. You can get more by clicking here.
When you add someone as a friend, you automatically follow that person, and they automatically follow you. When you follow someone who you’re not friends with, you’ll see posts that they’ve shared publicly in your News Feed. You may click here for more details.