“Washington EBT Card Guide”. An EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) card is a plastic card that looks like a debit or credit card that is been used to give out the public assistance benefits. The Washington EBT card is popularly known as the Washington Quest card, it is used to deliver benefits such as food stamps (SNAP benefits) and assistance with cash. Once you are dimmed eligible, you will be approved for food stamps or one of the EBT card benefits. This benefit will be given to you every month on a Washington EBT Card. Your EBT card can be used to purchase food at the convenience store, grocery stores, and some farmer’s markets and co-op food programs.
Washington EBT Card Guide
The Washington EBT card can now be used online to buy groceries for delivery. This comes in handy and is great news especially in this pandemic period. The EBT card gives the cardholders the chance to make an online purchase from the groceries for pick up at selected retailers or better still for delivery. More states have been added due to the online launching with Shoprite, amazon, and Walmart as participating retailers. The expansion of the program offers to low-income households’ access to fresh nutritious food even during the stay at home orders and beyond.
CHECKOUT >>> Ebtedge Cardholder Portal: Steps on How to Access Your Ebtedge Cardholder Account
Things You Can Buy with Your Washington EBT
Below is the guide on what you can purchase with your Washington EBT card.
- Dairy products
- Bakery items
- Ice cream
- Soft drinks
- Snack crackers
- Birthday cakes
- loaves of bread
- Meat, fish, poultry
- Deli meat steak
- Seeds and plants that produce food for the household
- Live seafood, such as lobster, fish, and shellfish
- Nutritional energy drinks
Things You Are Not Permitted to Buy with Your Washington EBT Card
Below are the lists of items you are prohibited from getting with the Washington EBT card;
- Alcoholic beverages
- Medicines and vitamins
- Tobacco products
- Grooming items
- Paper products
- Household supplies
- Nonfood items
- Pet foods
- Hot food (food prepared for immediate consumption)
How to Make use of the Washington EBT card to buy food
Below are the procedures to take when using your EBT card to purchase food that falls under the eligibility list of food you can purchase.
- Firstly, Take your grocery list to the checkout lane. You may have to separate the eligible items and non-eligible items.
- Then swipe your EBT card through the POS (point of sale) terminal or you can hand over your EBT card to the retailer.
- Next, you enter your four number PIN (Personal Identification Number) on the keypad. Make sure to enter the PIN yourself so as not to leak it to anyone, not even the retailer. The terminal will display instead of the numbers you entered.
- Press the enter key
- Allow the clerk to enter the purchase amount, check to see if it is correct. Then press “YES” or “OK”.
- If accepted you will be given a printed copy of the receipt showing, the store name and address, the amount of items you purchased, and the new account balance of your food stamp
- Finally, keep the receipt properly so as to know your balance the next time you are going shopping.
The EBT card has proven useful and more efficient than the former coupon been used. It is important to follow the guidelines on what to and what not to buy so as to avoid any unforeseen problems.
You can read more and also know more by CLICKING HERE.
CHECKOUT >>> EBT Florida – EBT Florida Login | Apply For EBT Florida