iPhone users can now Upgrade to iOS 14 to get a better user experience on your iPhone. This upgrade has a lot of amazing features and errors fixed on your device. There are some annoying processes we all have been facing like the full-screen call mode and others, but now the iOS 14 comes with a better experience for users. The upgrade can only be done on some supported iPhone devices, so you should check if your device is supported in this article. There is much other information you will get to know as you continue to read in this article.
Upgrade to iOS 14 to Get a Better User Experience on your iPhone
The iOS 14 upgrade gives users the best experience on their iPhone mobiles. Takes a while to upgrade and install. As it has always been, you will have to be connected to a Wi-Fi network and your iPhone must be on the charge to get the upgrade process down. With this upgrade you can now share your approximate location with an app instead of your precise location, a recording indicator shows when an app is using the device mic and camera or both, AirPods now have automatic device switching that lets you use the buds with your iPhone, iPad, and Mac automatically.
Features of iOS 14
Here are the accessible features of the iOS 14 iPhone upgrade
- Smart Calls: Instead of our calls taking the whole of the screen, the iOS 14 comes with a small call receiving notification which is located at the top of the screen when you are being called.
- Widgets on the Home Screen: The upgrade now supports redesigned widgets on the Home Screen. Users can choose from three widget sizes which are; small, medium, and large. The widget stacks let users create stacks of up to 10 widgets on top of each other. Some of the widgets include the Siri suggestions widget, Smart stack, and widget gallery.
- App Library: Since you have several apps across several pages, it gets tough to find them and get in touch with them. This feature is a newly organizes your apps in easy to navigate view. You can get it at the end of your Home Screen.
- Picture in Picture Mode: Now, users can keep watching videos or continue talking on FaceTime video call in PiP mode on the iPhone. You can drag the movie to the corner or use pinch to zoom to change the window size of the Apple movies.
- App Clips: The app clips are not apps but a small part of an app. These apps are not installed on your iPhone, instead, the app clip can be found by tapping NFC tags, scanning QR codes, or from Messages, Maps, Safari, or codes.
- Compact Siri design: On this iOS 14 upgrade, Siri becomes visually smart. It no longer takes the whole screen once summoned. It stays at the bottom of the screen and works on your command.
- Translation, Password monitoring, and website Privacy Report in Safari: Apple browser now supports inbuilt conversion. If you come across a webpage in a different language, the Safari can translate it for you. It supports eight languages. Safari can help upgrade to “Sign in with Apple” or automatically generate a new password if it detects that your password may have been involved in a data breach. The Privacy Report button shows you, cross-site trackers, that Safari block by Intelligent Tracking Prevention.
- Pinned Conversation in Messages: It gets challenging to keep track of previous chats with your friends. But you can now smartly pin-up to nine conversations to the top of the list.
- New Memoji Styles and Stickers: There are new hairstyles, new headwear styles, more age options, expressive Memoji, face coverings, and more on the iOS 14 upgrade.
- Cycling directions and Electric vehicle routing in Maps: iOS 14 comes with improving maps which provides a smart cycling direction and adds charging stops along your route automatically.
And lot more amazing features you can get once you have upgraded your iOS to the latest iOS 14.
Supported iOS 14 iPhone devices
Since the latest version of the iPhone upgrade to iOS 14 is contained with some mighty features, it won’t be made available to all the produced iPhones. Here are the iOS 14 upgraded supported devices:
- iPhone X, Xs, XR, and Xs Max.
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max.
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
How to Upgrade to iOS 14
Here is how you can upgrade to the iOS 14 using the supported iPhones listed at the top:
- Tap on “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “General”.
- From the displayed lists, tap on “Software Update” which is the second option on the list.
- Make sure your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi and on the plug.
- Tap on “Download Upgrade”.
- Wait for a while for it to be downloaded (it takes about 2.4GB to download).
- Tap on Install-Upgrade.
Your iPhone will begin the upgrade process and this will take a while. You can then get access to the new features once your phone has completed the iOS 14 upgrade process.