The University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS) is inviting all-natural students who intend to start their postgraduate studies in both the scholarship session. The scholarship program runs throughout a year and students can apply annually. There is an award of about $40,000 for one year in two equal installments. The objective of the University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS) is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University research activities.
University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS)
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney founded in 1850. It is regarded as one of the world-leading universities. The university campus has been ranked in the top 10 of the world’s most beautiful universities by the British Daily Telegraph and The Huffington Post. The University of Sydney comprises nine faculties and university schools, through which it offers bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. (University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS) ).
CHECKOUT >>> Best International Online Shopping Sites - How to Know Good International Shopping Sites
- Host Country: Australia
- Host Institution: the University of Sydney in Australia.
- Level/Field of study: Masters by research degree or Ph.D. degree offered at the University.
- Target group: International students.
- Program period: Two to four years depending on the course taken.
University of Sydney International (USydIS) Scholarship Value
The University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS) will be covering the tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with the possibility of a one-semester extension for Ph.D. students.
- Scholarship amount award of about $40,000 payable for one year in two equal installments.
University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS) Eligibility
To be considered eligible for the University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS), you are to meet the below-listed eligibility requirements:
- You must be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the are of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Applicants are not to have gotten an Austria Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- You must be an international student commencing a full-time enrollment in Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this university. Applicants may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Applicants must not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Must not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
- Candidates must not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Must not have previously received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- Applicants are required to speak the English Language.
University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS) Application Instruction
The commencing students should select the checkbox to be considered for research scholarships when completing the admission application for your postgraduate research degree. There is no separate application for this scholarship. It is an awarded scholarship that is opened annually for applicants to apply. Below are the important application instructions to achieve the scholarship award:
- Choose degree coursework and check your eligibility: You should start by reviewing the types of degrees we offer and check the eligibility requirements for the research degree you would like to apply for.
- Develop your research idea(s): Now you carefully consider the subject of your research and find out if it aligns with any academic members of staff.
- Find a supervisor:
- A staff member whose academic interest aligns with yours and who has agreed to mentor you for the duration of your course. Find the right supervisor.
- Use the Research Supervisor Connect database to search for the current research supervisors and research projects. It is important for supervisors to understand:
- Why you would prefer them to supervise your project.
- Topic or area you would want to research on.
- Your preferred academic background and research experience.
- How your proposed research project aligns with their experience.
- Help support your research inquiry. You should include the below-listed documents:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Academic transcripts for all your completed degrees.
- An initial research proposal (in no more than 2000 words you are to demonstrate how your research experience aligns with the supervisor and why you are interested in this opportunity). Refer to the Research Proposal Guidelines.
- Submit the application.
- Assessment of your application.
- Your application will be assessed and you will be advised on one of the following outcomes; Acceptance to the program a conditional offer, or an alternative offer through which you can apply to upgrade the qualification at the end of the research program if you satisfy the minimum academic requirements for the coursework as outlined on the faculty handbook.
- Offers will not be given if your documents are not sufficient or truly confirmed. Note: There is relevance for English Language proficiency. You will need to provide proof of English proficiency before you can enroll at the University of Sydney. Please check the full details for the English Language requirements for admission.
University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS) Deadline
The application runs annually, so applicants are to observe the official website to get the opening and closing date of the University of Sydney International Scholarships (USyd.IS) https://www.sydney.edu.au/scholarships/#usi.
You can also get more information about the University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS) program from the official site: https://www.sydney.edu.au/scholarships/international.html. (University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS) ).