The Global Excellence Scholarships 2023-24 academic session at the University of Minnesota, is open to new international students, as well as transfer students who are seeking to enroll in a degree program at the University. As a highly competitive award, these Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit that is, students who emerge as the best in their classes.
The Global Excellence Scholarships amount varies depending on the academic year and student category. Scholarship recipients (new students), can expect up to $25,000, $15,000, or $10,000 annually for up to four years, While Transfer students for the Fall semester may receive an annual award of up to $10,000 for three years.
Global Excellence Scholarships
The University of Minnesota is inviting suitably qualified Candidates for its Global Excellence Scholarships 2023-24 Program. International students around the globe are encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity to travel and study in the United States of America (USA).
The Global Excellence Scholarships at the University of Minnesota are designed to attract and support outstanding students from around the world who wish to pursue their undergraduate studies at the renowned University of Minnesota. Please note that to be eligible for this scholarship, students must maintain their F-1 immigration status.
To be considered for the University of Minnesota Global Excellence Scholarships 2023-24, candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility conditions:
- Applicants must be international students from any country in the world
- Prospective Students must be admitted into an undergraduate degree program at the University.
- The award covers all undergraduate courses at the University.
- Selection of Candidates is based on academic merit.
- Students are expected to be enrolled full-time in the Honors program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Candidates must demonstrate emotional maturity, motivation, and perseverance.
- Required to present a high school transcript and/or GSE results. Transcripts that are not in English, should include a certified translation.
- Applicants must have a high school certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently in a structured manner and possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Posses an offer for a full-time program at the University of Minnesota.
- Applicants are selected based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English language proficiency is required
University of Minnesota Global Excellence Scholarships 2023/2024 – How to Apply
- Please note that there is no separate scholarship application required for the University of Minnesota Global Excellence Scholarships.
- Students are automatically considered for the scholarship based on an overall assessment of their on-time admission application.
- New and transfer international students who complete their applications for admission by the specified deadlines will be considered for a Global Excellence Scholarship.
- For more information, visit the official website on: https://intlstudy.umn.edu/undergrad/costs
The application deadline for the University of Minnesota Global Excellence Scholarships is updated yearly.
What is the maximum duration of the scholarship for international freshmen?
International freshmen can receive the scholarship for up to four years.
Are transfer students eligible for the Global Excellence Scholarship?
Yes, transfer students can also apply for the scholarship. The scholarship duration may vary depending on the semester of entry.
Is there a separate scholarship application for the Global Excellence Scholarship?
No, there is no separate scholarship application. Students are considered based on their on-time admission application.