Having the opportunity to study in the United States of America for most international students around the world, would be a dream. If this statement is true about you, then, you would be glad to know that the University Of Connecticut Global Leader Award, for the 2024-2025 academic calendar, is now open.
The University of Connecticut is here to help you turn that dream into reality through its Global Excellence Award. This esteemed educational grant is designed to eliminate financial barriers and provide international students like you with the opportunity to enroll for an exceptional educational journey in the heart of the Northeast.
University Of Connecticut Global Excellence Award
The University of Connecticut, a renowned public land-grant research university, proudly presents the Global Excellence Award to suitably qualified international students.
The Global Excellence Award is a merit-based Program that aims to support outstanding students from around the world who are eager to kick-start their undergraduate degree program at the university. Before we go further, let’s discuss briefly about this prestigious University!
About the University of Connecticut (UConn)
A public land grant University, UConn was established in the year 1881 as the Storrs Agricultural School, Its main campus is located in Storrs, Connecticut. The University was named after two brothers who donated land to the Institution.
Since the inception of the University of Connecticut (UConn), it has evolved into one of the top 25 public colleges in the United States.
Thanks to its multicultural perspective, UConn’s 18 global institutes, centers, and programs offer students a unique opportunity to engage with diverse cultures and traditions from all corners of the world. This global perspective enhances the educational experience, fostering a deeper understanding of the interconnectedness of our world.
Eligibility Criteria for the UConn Global Leader Award
In other to qualify for the University of Connecticut Global Excellence Award, you’re expected to meet specific criteria, including;
- You are an international student with evidence of citizenship
- Must have already secured admission to an undergraduate degree program at UConn.
- Language Requirement: UConn values linguistic diversity and acknowledges the importance of language proficiency.
- English serves as the primary language of instruction, with the university requiring two years of documented foreign language study for non-native English speakers.
- Applicants are expected to review the entry requirements of the university before applying for a program
Benefits/Perks of the Global Excellence Award
The University of Connecticut offers the following benefits to successfully selected applicants
- Full Tuition fee waiver for selected recipients of the Global Excellence Award. This coverage spans the full duration the Undergraduate studies
- One of the outstanding perks of this program is that the scholarship is renewable for up to four years, to the end that scholars can focus on their academic pursuits without financial worries.
Application Process for UConn Global Leader Award 2024-25
To maximize this opportunity, you will need to submit an application before the deadline of December 1, 2023. To make your application for the Global Excellence Award easy, we have outlined the following steps:
- Go to the official University Of Connecticut (UCONN) admissions page at https://admissions.uconn.edu/apply/international/
- Choose your desired program and complete the online application form.
- Include recommendation letters and an impactful essay highlighting your aspirations and achievements.
- Ensure you meet the university’s entry requirements and
- Submit your academic transcripts and degrees from international institutions.
You will need to make ready the following documents as they would be required during the application
- An academic transcripts
- Degrees obtained from international institutions (In English and the Institution’s primary language)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for the Global Excellence Award?
International students who have secured admission to an undergraduate degree program at the University of Connecticut are eligible to apply.
What is the application deadline for the Global Excellence Award?
The application deadline for the award is December 1, 2023.
How long is the Global Excellence Award valid?
The award is renewable for up to four years, covering the duration of the recipient’s undergraduate studies.
Is English proficiency required for the application?
Yes, UConn requires two years of documented foreign language study for non-native English speakers.
More Related Content
- Husky CT Login – Log into Husky LMS at www.huskyct.uconn.edu
- Connecticut Food Stamps Eligibility Guide and How to Apply
- CT Residents Can Now Use SNAP Benefits To Order Groceries Online
- Old Christmas Black and White Movies for You This December
- Dreaming of Working with Amazon? – How to Apply for Works with Amazon