University of Bayreuth BIGSAS Scholarships 2023 for African Women Scholars
The BIGSAS-Scholarships for African Women are offered by the Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies.
BIGSAS has opened the invitation for outstanding African women scholars who are currently resident in Africa to participate in an international community of early career researchers working in the field of African Studies.
The institution is offering a centre for creative and innovative doctoral training based on the inter- and multi-disciplinary research environment of the Africa Multiple Cluster of Excellence at the University of Bayreuth.
About BIGSAS-Scholarships for African Women
The Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies (BIGSAS) has been awarded two scholarships within the Graduate School Scholarship Programme by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
This award enables BIGSAS to nominate candidates who have successfully passed the application procedure.
Summary of the University of Bayreuth BIGSAS-Scholarships for African Women
- Type of Program: Postgraduate
- Organization: University of Bayreuth
- Country: Germany
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2022
- Duration of Scholarship: 4 years
About the University of Bayreuth
The University of Bayreuth is a public research university founded in 1975 in Bayreuth, Germany.
It is a campus university with a focus on international collaboration and interdisciplinarity. The University of Bayreuth is organized into six undergraduate and graduate faculties. These faculties can define their admission standards and academic programs with relative autonomy.
The University of Bayreuth offers several courses such as Philosophy & Economics, Global Change Ecology, Theatre and Media studies, and Health Economics.
Benefits of the University of Bayreuth BIGSAS-Scholarships for African Women
- Recipients will receive Monthly payments of 1,200 euros
- The BIGSAS-Scholarship will cover payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance
- A sum for Travel lump depending on country of origin
- An allowance for Annual research: 460 euros
In certain conditions, all grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- A monthly rent subsidy
- A monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family (about 200 euros child allowance per child; about 275 euros marriage allowance)
- An annual material resource for the host graduate school as well as a supervision allowance of 1000 euros.
How to Apply for the University of Bayreuth BIGSAS-Scholarships 2023 for African Women
- The University of Bayreuth BIGSAS-Scholarships period begins in October 2023
- This includes a German language course starting in the summer of 2023, if applicable
- For more details on your application, visit the webpage below: https://www.bigsas.uni-bayreuth.de/en/application/index.html & www.daad.de/go/en/stipa57034100
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Bayreuth BIGSAS-Scholarships for African Women Qualification
- Ideal Candidates must possess an outstanding Master’s Degree in one of the disciplines represented at the graduate school
- Master’s Degree which is expected to be obtained within the last six years.
- All Applicants should not have been in Germany for more than twelve months to be eligible.
- Interested applicants can submit their Applications in German, English or French, however, the Official working language of BIGSAS is English.
December 15, 2022.
- Get Started Setting up a Unique USSD Code for Your Business at www.sqadco.com
- 6 Best Investment Books for Beginners in 2022
- 8 Best Questions to Ask an Interviewer
- 5 Simple Tips on How to Check if a Website is Safe
- Easy Ways on How to Remove Eleanor from Macs
- 8 Best Hair Tools: What to look out For
- Konga Black Friday Outstanding Television Deals 2022