The U.S. Institute Of Peace [USIP] is currently calling for application for the U.S. Institute Of Peace Women Building Award 2021. The USIP is motivated towards the women’s recognition. This was shown in their statement which is “it is time to recognize the valuable but often overlooked role that women play in ending and preventing conflict”.
Are you a woman whose role and dignity are recognized by people around you? Or you want to be recognized by your society and the world at large in the role you play as a woman in conflict resolution? Then consider the U.S. Institute of Peace as a means to achieve your aim.
USIP’s Women Building Peace Award represents the institute’s commitment towards highlighting and recognizing the vital role played by individual women. This recognition is given to women who are working every day to achieve peace in fragile or conflict-affected countries or regions.
U.S. Institute Of Peace Women Building Award 2021
Every day all over the world, women are leading movements to create enduring and peaceful societies. USIP’s Women Building Peace Award honors the inspiring work of women peacebuilders whose courage, leadership, and commitment to peace stand out as beacons of strength and hope.
The award is given in honor of a woman peacebuilder whose substantial and practical contribution to peace is an inspiration and guiding light for future women peacebuilders. This award aims to celebrate the often overlooked yet essential role that women play in peacebuilding.
USIP strongly encourages nominations of individual women who have not previously recognized for their work in peacebuilding.
The following eligibility requirements pertain to all applicants. They are;
- Applicant/nominee must be a woman of at least 18 years of age
- The nominee must be a non-U.S. citizen
- Applicant must be working to build peace in a fragile or conflict-affected country or region
- Nominee cannot be employed by USIP or have affiliated with USIP as a contractor grantee, fellow, or recipient of the women building peace award during the 24months prior to the submission of the application.
U.S. Institute Of Peace Women Building Criteria For Selecting Awardee
The selection of the award winner will be done by the women building peace council. The council is brian trust of distinguished experts and leaders who offer their guidance and support to USIP as they evaluate the voices of women peacebuilders. The council’s core role is to help select the winner of the annual award.
Criteria for selecting the awardee are;
- Commitment to peace.
- Exceptional leadership.
- Outstanding practitioner.
- Substantial impact.
Application | Account Registration
All users must register for an account before they apply to any competition. A USIP staff member will then approve your registration before you can use the system. You will receive an email with your login credentials within 1-2 business days. Follow the steps below to register;
- Navigate tousipfluxx.io on your browser
- This will automatically direct you to the states institute of peace grants fellowships and award portal will display with the application form
- On that form, select the type of competition your wish to apply for
- Select your title prefix and enter your name, nominator organization or affiliation, email address, phone number, mailing address, and country of residence
- Finally, click on the “Submit Request” button to submit your application.
Before completing the nomination/application process, please read the guidelines for submitting the nomination document. This information provides useful instructions on the submission process and eligibility.
Application for the U.S. Institute Of Peace Women Building Award 2021 has been on since December 1st, 2020. All completed applications must be submitted by 2:00 pm ET on Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021.
More Related Posts
- Working Women of Tampa Bay – Working Women of Tampa Bay Membership Application
- PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women to Study in the USA or Canada in 2020
- Women, Infants, And Children (WIC) Nutrition Program