Speaking of TIPS TO BOOST YOUR PRODUCTIVITY WHILE WORKING REMOTELY, although some organizations have a system of a manager to an employee remotely working from home, most don’t have.
Several occasions now call for the need for ways to boost/increase the overall productivity of an organization remotely, since many are just being introduced to this especially since the advent of the pandemic.
If you want to know what working remotely is all about and how to maximize it, it’s simple. I will explain detailedly to you in this article as that is the major focus.
5 TIPS TO BOOST YOUR PRODUCTIVITY WHILE WORKING REMOTELY
There are key things you can do that will help you balance your personal and work life, this is important because, without good planning, motivation/focus may reduce amidst distractions, anxieties, and stress, not only as an employee but also the organization management.
They are given below:
- There must be an overall goal and priority within a specified time personally for you or the management, this will help channel concerted efforts towards the aim and remove frivolous activity from the to-do list.
- The other thing you can do is to dedicate a space in your house or probably get room to work during work hours to avoid intrusions and distractions, thus giving you a sense of purpose and concentration.
- For the organization as a whole, make sure you maximize online meeting times and not discuss menial issues, this will create more time to work when core issues are touched and addressed for the company’s well-being.
- There should be transparency during communication times between the manager and the employee, thus increasing alertness, precise ways to get things done, what to focus on, and avoiding inaccurate conclusions.
- Finally, take out time to always take care of yourself like having a nap, eating your favorite meal, watching a movie, and so on, so as it will help reduce mental stress/fatigue, make you relax your mind, and increase your productivity.
DOES WORKING FROM HOME INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY?
Working from home can either increase or decrease productivity, it all falls and rises on the employee and the management. However, tactically putting into action the aforementioned tips will surely make you have a positive result.
WHAT ARE THE PROVEN WAYS TO MEASURE THE PRODUCTIVITY OF WORK-FROM-HOME AND REMOTE EMPLOYEES?
Tracking employee’s engagement in an organization can be a heck of a deal when it comes to remote working. There are some things you can do that will assist you in this, they’re outlined underneath.
- Have some laid out measurement of performance like the output per unit time, sales and website visit boost, customer satisfaction level e.t.c, this will gear them up to do the needful.
- You will need to define the nature of the job to them and the objective i.e a broad understanding of their need, which is very important as work differs ranging from sales, software development, blog, and SEO writing e.t.c.
- Give a report of individual progress and contribution to the organization based on major milestones given to them.
- When it comes to tracking an employees working hours, an online time tracking software comes in handy. This automatically records employee’s time at work, helping to calculate productivity at the end of the month, week, or year.