A lot of facebook users still don’t know much about the facebook messenger. Surprising right? Well, let me break it down. Facebook Messenger is a messaging platform used to communicate on Facebook. Originally, Messenger was just Facebook Chat and was integrated into the website as a private messaging function.
In 2010, Facebook started developing Messenger as a standalone app, and the following year it was released for Android and iOS mobile devices. When the app was released, users were prompted to download it instead of accessing messages through the Facebook app, tapping on the Messenger icon would take you to the separate Messenger app.
This frustrated a lot of users, who didn’t see the necessity of having the app when the messaging function of the Facebook app met all the user needs of the time.
The Facebook Messenger
The Facebook Messenger is great for every type of user who has Facebook, from the casual user to someone who uses Facebook and its messaging service frequently. Messenger is updated consistently, adding new features to improve accessibility among other things.
You can chat with other Facebook users that aren’t on your friend’s list as well after accepting access to the message. In the beginning, when Messenger was just Facebook chat, text chat was the only available way of chatting, and you could send pictures as well.
Now, when tapping on the text box, you can add pictures from the camera roll, take pictures directly from the app using your device’s camera, add gifs, send money, and have access to a number of different apps that you can use with the person that you’re chatting with.
Facebook Messenger App
Facebook Messenger is a standalone app that allows you to chat with and send messages to all of your Facebook friends without having to go through the Facebook app. In some countries, you can create a Messenger account without having a Facebook account.
It is available for iPhone, Android phones, and Windows phones. You can also access Messenger through the official Messenger website on your computer. Besides chatting with friends, Messenger allows you to make free voice and video calls, send and receive money, and chat with chatbots.
How to Install Facebook Messenger for Android
- Open the Google Play Store. Facebook Messenger is available for free from the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Messenger.” A list of results that match Messenger will be displayed.
- Select the “Messenger” from the results. Choose the Messenger app developed by “Facebook,” which should be towards the top of the list.
- Tap “Install.”Review the required permissions and then tap “Accept” if you still want to install.
- Wait for the app to download. This may take a few minutes. Depending on your Play Store settings, you may need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network in order to download the app.
- Launch the Messenger app. You can find it on one of your Home screens or in your App Drawer. You can also tap the “Open” button on the Messenger store page
- Login with your Facebook account. If you have the Facebook app installed on your Android device already, you’ll be prompted to continue with the same account in Messenger.
- Login without a Facebook account (select regions only).
- Add your phone number (optional). You’ll be prompted to add your phone number so that friends can find you easier
- Decide if you want to upload your phone contacts (optional). Facebook Messenger will request access to your device’s contacts so that it can let you know if people you add are using Messenger.
- Start using Facebook Messenger. Once you are logged in, you will be shown all of your Facebook conversations. Get more details here.
Facebook Messenger is the official Facebook app. You can have text conversations with all of your friends using the popular social network. Send and receive text messages and establish conversations on your mobile device if you’re away from your computer. you can get more details on facebook messenger here.